Monday, May 19, 2014

Dang--missions go fast!

Just realized that I didn't post Elder Sedlacek's emails from last week, but that's probably because we Skyped with him the day before and there wasn't as much to email about as usual. Anyway, he's doing great and we're so proud of him! 

What's up Mama,
Today I emailed pretty late obviously. I kinda like it better though. Hopefully it works for you too. Glad you are doing good. That is crazy that school is already over. That went super fast. Probably not for the kids, but it did for me. Just think, I was out when school started and now it's pretty much over. That is crazy too.
That is great that Nicole did so well on her marathon! She looks good at the end too. I like her shirt she's wearing in the pics. It looks pretty cool.
You will have to tell Bro. H. thanks for the Conference Ensign stuff. He's awesome. On the package, I wanted a couple short sleeve shirts if you could. Don't buy nice ones though because they get destroyed. Just the regular shirts are perfectly fine. Then the soap for my face and that's about it I think. Thanks for all that you do for me Mama. You're the best!
How long has Jordan B been home? That is crazy, but I knew it was anytime now that he was going to be coming home. I bet he was a great missionary. Now he gets to the fun part in life haha. So did Nate speak with Jordan like I did with Nick? I bet that is the way it's going to be when I come home. I will probably speak with someone going out while I am coming home. That will be weird.
Well, I am doing good. I will give more of an update in the email to dad probably. It seems to work out that way most of the time anyways haha.
Hopefully it works out to email today!

What up Dad?
Funny that you mention that it seems like forever since we last talked, because it does for me too haha. This week was pretty slow. Yesterday was really good though with church and everything. We invited a lady who showed up at church to take the discussions, and she accepted so we will have a new investigator. We also put our investigator Felicia on date for June 14th. That was a pretty good lesson too. The D family is doing great, but they still are working on coming to church. That's what patience is for. I just really hope they will come to church eventually. That's what they need. We are also teaching Denise's daughter and that is going really well too. She is really starting to progress and it's awesome. We have given her a blessing and it really helped her. We also gave one to Denise and her daughter got to watch so she really knows the power of the priesthood. She is going to get baptized on the 31st so that is a little less than two weeks. Its going to be sweet!!!!!!! 
We are also teaching our RC Sydnie's sister. She is going to be baptized, too, and she is really starting to realize that the church is the true church. She felt something different at the baptism and she really liked it. You can pray for us to find new investigators, pray for the D family to have the desire to come to church, Felicia that she will be able to get married, and Denise and her daughter that they will be able to stay healthy and strong in the gospel, that Lexi will continue to feel and know that the church is true, and also for the baptism goal for the district of 15 by May 31st. The prayers I am sure will help out each one of them and will also help us to find new people to teach. That's basically the main people of our teaching pool in a nutshell.

Thanks for the sports updates. The ones you threw in are just fine for me.
What does the journal you picked up look like? Is it a good quality one that is going to last? That is really the biggest thing I want. It would be nice if it matches my other one, but we will see.  Thanks for picking it up for me.
That is funny that you like my stories better than the other RMs from our ward haha. I am sure they are both pretty much the same. It's the same work, just different places. I bet it was cool though to hear Jordan speak. He seems like he would have been an AP or something like that, or in other words an awesome missionary. 
It is crazy that the boys a year younger than me are already starting to give their farewell talks. It does seem like yesterday when I was giving mine. Dang missions go fast! haha. I never believed people when they said things like that, but it's really true. It does go super fast.
I am glad that work is going good for you Daddio. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for everything you do for me. It's really awesome what all you guys do for me. It means a ton to me! I love you guys and its super fun to be able to email you and hear what's going on back home. Keep on keeping me in the loop. Again, I Love you guys!
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment