Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"I want my mission to change me forever."

What's up Fam and Mama,

 
Hopefully it works to email today, but if it doesn't, I will be okay haha. I figured you guys would be doing something fun for Memorial day. 

That is good that the week went by super fast for you guys. It was super slow for me. Really a humble week as I will call it too.
One family contacted us early this week saying that they are done investigating and so they dropped us. That really really, really sucked. We also had to drop ___ because she wasn't willing to change. That kinda sucked too. All of them just decided they don't want it, which is hard. Like it says in my blessing though, people who are looking for the truth will accept my words. I guess it just wasn't time for either of them.

The rest of our investigators are doing good. They all have their own concerns and trials, but they can get through it with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

There really isn't much new with me and my comp. I have been trying to be more patient and understanding. Zone conference was this week and Pres. Ware really talked a lot about changing our own personal desires and applying the gospel into our own life so we can have an amazing change of heart. He used the story of Enos in the Book of Mormon. Enos had the desire to  be forgiven and he acted on it and was able to have that change of heart. That is what I want for my life. I don't want to go home the same man I was before. I want to be changed, and changed for the better. I have been praying for that change of heart and I really think it is helping me become more involved in the work. It's awesome.

That is crazy that school is over basically. I bet summer will go fast for the kids though. What are you guys going to do for the end of the school year?

Oh no, Homework for when I get home????? haha {Mom has a book for him to read}. I have a couple books I want to read already when I get home. Should be awesome.

That is exactly what I would have expected from Laurie that she would bear her testimony in the language even before going out haha. She is a genius. She has been her whole life.

Hopefully email works a little bit today. Well, if it doesn't thanks for everything Mama. You da best
Love ya
-Elder Sedlacek

What's up Dad,
That is great that you had a good week and that work is going good for ya too. That is crazy though that they prepare the 2015 curriculum already. I guess they would have to, with all the stuff it takes. Lots of work I am sure.

This week for me was pretty hard. It was a humbling week, that is for sure. It was great though because we had zone conference on Friday and it really helped me to learn a lot I think, being all humbled and stuff. Mainly the thing I learned is that I want to have a change of heart on my mission. I don't want to just float right through it and have great experiences and never learn from them. I want my mission to change me forever. I think that is one thing that I really needed to hear at Zone Conference. Basically everything Pres. Ware said was an answer to my prayers. It was really kind of cool. I know I was sent to Pres. Ware for a reason. I learn so much from him.

Anyway, definitely the highlight for the week was having Zone Conference. Like I said in my email to Mom, the D's dropped us and we also had to drop M. It was good to teach them, but it isn't the purpose I am out here for. We are to find, teach, and baptize. It was hard to give them up but they will come around sometime. 

We picked up a new gator named E. She is the mother of one of the members of the ward. She had some interest in the church so she started to read the Book of Mormon. Turns out she picked it up a couple weeks ago and is already to Alma! That was GREAT to hear. She is solid. I was glad to start teaching her. F and A are doing great too. They are reading the Book of Mormon every night together and it's really starting to help them out. Our other investigators are doing good. They are all working towards keeping their commitments.
How are you guys doing as a family at having daily missionary experiences? That is one thing that is super important that I have come to realize.

That's way cool the Braves won state in baseball. It's been a long time since that happened so that's cool. They did pretty good this year it sounds like.

That is good you guys will get the package sent off. Just remember that this next upcoming week is transfers, so just make sure it gets here before then.

Thanks for all that you and the family do for me. I love you guys! I will try to get a letter sent off this week. I have been bad at that. Well, thanks for all the compliments you gave me. I am glad that you guys are in mi familia too. Have a great week!
-Elder Sedlacek


No comments:

Post a Comment