Monday, March 23, 2015

Transferring to Milton-Freewater, Oregon!


What's up Mama,
The past week went by pretty dang fast. With email on Wednesday it did just throw my head off a little bit. I woke up Thursday morning and I was thinking really hard as to what day it was haha. I remembered once my brain woke up a little bit though.

Transfer news. Over the course of my whole mission, I have had a streak of moving south. I started in Ellensburg, went south to Sunnyside, then I went south to Pasco, and south to Kennewick, and now I am going south to Milton-Freewater Oregon.  Pretty funny haha. 
 
As I mentioned, I am being moved down to Milton-Freewater. It's right by Walla Walla. I am going to be covering the whole city. It's kinda like Sunnyside, so it's rural like that. The ward boundary is the city, which is only two miles square and has 7,000 people, so it is pretty small. I will be covering the YSA ward or branch as well, so my area will be the whole stake for YSA peoples. That will be kinda fun. It's going to be interesting though because the Walla Walla zone is a sister zone, so the only Elders are the ZLs, the DLs and their companions. I think it will be fun though. I am going to be serving with Elder Greenburg. He's just barely finishing up training so I will be a greenie buster. He's from Tooele, and that's all I know of him.

That's awesome that Jared is getting so close on his mission papers, so with his interview on Wednesday, he could have his call pretty dang soon. That's exciting. I am predicting the WYM (Washington Yakima mission). His mission president will be President Taylor. He seems pretty cool.

Did Mia do good on her tryout? Runs to July 18th huh hahaha. I can see why you would want to be busy hahaha. Good one, Mama.

Mama: Milton-Freewater? I will have to look that one up. If it’s by Walla Walla then we will have to sing the Walla Walla Washington song. Have you heard it? haha If all the Elders are are ZLs and DLs, and your comp is a greenie, then what are you?
 
Elder Sed: Yeah, it's in the middle of nowhere I guess haha.I have heard the Walla Walla song if it's the one that you're thinking of.  I don't have a clue if I am going to be a DL again. They haven't told me yet. If I am, they are probably going to tell me tomorrow or Wednesday morning.
 
Mama: I looked up Milton-Freewater, and I see it’s in Oregon. You won’t be able to say you’re in WaRshington for a few months, will you? haha On its city page, it also says it’s called Muddy-Frogwater Country. haha! How does Elder R feel about being in charge after you leave?
 
Elder Sed: I had heard it called Muddy Frogwater haha. I guess they have statues of frogs all over the city. Guess I will have to take some pics with them. I think he is pretty excited. He realized the other day that I am going to be gone and the stuff I usually did, he is going to have to do. It was funny haha. He will do a good job though.
 
Mama: Yes, take some pics with the Muddy Frogs. That will be awesome.
 
Elder Sed: I have to get going now. Thanks for emailing me Mama. You're the best! Thanks for all that you do for me with school and everything. You're amazing! I love you guys!
-Elder Jake Sedlacek

What's up Dad,
The rest of this past week was pretty good. We had a good lesson with Phillip and the wards officially split into the new wards. Now the Union elders are going to cover two wards: Union, and Highlands which is the new ward. Pretty exciting stuff. The work is really hastening. It's super cool to see evidence of it.

Update of the investigators.........
P***** is doing pretty dang good. I was super impressed with him this week. We met with him, and had a really good lesson based off of Alma 32 and faith. We had given him the commitment to read and pray in the Book of Mormon, and he didn't do it. With President Ware's focus on using the commitment ladder, that means if they don't keep the one commitment you don't move on and leave them in the dust by giving them another one they can't keep, so we kept the focus on scripture reading. We had a really good spiritual discussion on how his faith is like a seed and it really applied to him. He made the decision himself that he wants to strengthen his testimony so he's going to talk to his wife and see if they can read as a couple. He also made the comment that he's feeling a good feeling come from the teachings of the Book of Mormon, and he believes it. It's only a matter of time before he gets baptized. I am totally positive about that. It may take a lot of time, but I am positive it is going to happen.

C***** had some great news this week. Guess what? Her family is wanting to take the discussions!!!!!!!! Her dad had been noticing that she reads her scriptures everyday in the car before school, and he asked her why she does it EVERY morning. She then bore her testimony of how much it blesses her and how she knows it's true. She invited him to take the discussions and he said yes. I wish I would be able to be a part of the teaching of her family, but I am going to be moving on. Guess we are going to have to come back and visit haha. She has an awesome family. It's so awesome how the Lord has prepared one person, and in turn it prepared the rest of the family too. The teachings of the church really do bring families together!
This past little while I have been trying to focus my personal studies on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus the Christ has been a huge help in that and it's given me some pretty good insight. I really want to focus the rest of my mission on the primary song "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus." I really want to become the most Christ-like missionary I can be these next months. Christ teaches/testifies so powerfully, with love, for all people. It's amazing. It is the reason he is the best missionary that has ever lived. It reminds me of a quote that I really like from another missionary. It goes like this: "God loves all his children so much! He would LOVE to have all of them return to Him. God sent Christ to this earth to teach us how to teach, lead and live. He was THE best in teaching and leading God's children back to Him. Of course, God would want the best missionary to teach all of His children so they would come back to Him, but Christ has other duties so God sent the next best he had. The next best thing is me, you, mom, and the rest of the family, as well as the church." As we strive to be the "next best thing" to Christ, we are going to be that much more effective in leading others back to the fold. That is why I love being a missionary so much. It brings constant change of good into my life. A constant striving to become like Him  is what everyone needs in this life. Imagine what the world would be like if everyone were like Christ. It would be pretty dang amazing.
 
Well, I am looking forward to working in Milton-Freewater with a new companion. It's always interesting getting transferred to a new area, but it will be fun. It could be my last transfer, too, which is kinda weird. I'm going to keep working hard til the very end. You can know that for sure!

I'm happy for Elder R though. He's going to be taking over the area with a younger missionary. He's going to do great!

Thanks for the bracket. I filled it out and sent it home for you to keep track of for me. You should get it today in the mail. GO UTES!!!!!!!!!! That's all I can say haha.
LOSING HAIR ON THE TOP OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hair is still the same from when I left. I'm betting you're just jealous haha. I didn't get a haircut dad. I got my HAIRS cut haha. My luscious, thick and full hair ;) Baldness is passed down through the mom though, so even if you're bald, I don't have to be...but because grandpa H is bald I guess I will eventually haha. I will just have to enjoy the hair while I have it huh? haha.

You can be sure that I am getting enough to eat haha. I don't really have a clue if I am losing more weight. I would think that I am. It's a good thing though. Working out everyday and walking does the trick I guess haha.
Well thanks sooooooo much for all that you do for me Dad. I like the thoughts of your training you gave. They are exactly right.

I know that this gospel is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know President Monson is a prophet in these days and guides Christ's church. I am so pumped to hear from him  in a couple weeks. It's going to be so fun. I know a mission is where I am supposed to be. I love my mission! I learn so much everyday. It's awesome!
You are awesome Dad. Love you and your example of a great Dad and priesthood holder! Love ya dad!
-Elder Jake Sedlacek
 

No comments:

Post a Comment