Monday, March 2, 2015

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now

Hey Mama,
This week was pretty good for us. Finding actually went really well. We were able to find three new investigators this week, which is the weekly goal President Ware has for each companionship. I was really happy about that.

I am doing great! It's good to hear that all you guys are doing good too.
Can you believe that February is already gone??!! Holy cow. I can't. I know that for sure. It's going by so fast!

College stuff, huh? Sounds fun. I would be happy to room with Hunter and his friend. One bathroom though?  It's nothing I haven't done on my mission, so it's doable. That would be awesome to room with Jordan too. I don't know if any of my other friends are going up there or not. I wish there was a way I could find that out.

Yesterday at dinner I actually found out that Bountiful had won their state game. We had dinner with a high school basketball coach who is from Salt Lake, so he knew the score and told me when he found out that I went there. That is super cool!

That is funny that the Bishop had noticed that I had lost weight. That is a good thing though haha. Funny thing is that Sister S is fixing my pants to make them fit better. The ones that I originally bought, she took two inches out of the waist, and one inch out of the legs. Now they fit much! better. They aren't so baggy and ugly. Glad you liked the thing that I sent in for the ward Chirp. I don't even remember what I wrote haha.

Sounds like you had a super busy week. I bet it was fun. We were pretty busy too, so p-day is going to be nice to relax a little bit.

I am glad that you guys are doing great and being blessed. I didn't get the chance to email Nicole, but you can tell her and Jeff I said Hi if you want. Wish her good luck for me.
 
Thanks for figuring out all the college stuff. I am sure that is a major pain in the hiney. You're awesome for doing that for me. Love you Mama!

I am so happy to be serving a mission right now. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. I know this gospel is true!
Thanks again for everything!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to you next week!
-Elder Jake Sedlacek

Hey Dad,

I guess I will start by giving the update on our investigators and what happened this week. It was a good week! To start off, M***** IS BACK ON THE MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We finally were able to talk to her face-to-face, for the first time in a month and a half. I thought she was gone for good. She is back on date for baptism and came to church this week, too. We are going to start meeting with them again. I know that was a miracle.

This week we found three new investigators. Two of them are a dad and daughter of a part member family in the ward. They are pretty cool. We went over and shared a spiritual message, and then invited them to take the discussions and they agreed. They are a pretty cool family. The mom came to church yesterday. It was pretty cool to have her come to church. Pray for D** and S*****. 

The other new investigator we found this week is a guy named B. He is a retired Iraq war veteran, so he has some views that are pretty interesting, but he is good guy. We had a super good restoration lesson with him and he felt the Spirit, and agreed to read the Book of Mormon.

We have been having some great finding though as of late. It's been really awesome. This week we had a cool experience when we went in and bought some hot chocolate at 7-11. We were cold, so we went into 7-11 and got our hot chocolate. We were checking out and the guy at the register was like, "I thought Mormons weren't supposed to be drinking coffee." He thought we had coffee, so we told him it was hot chocolate, but we immediately knew he either had talked to missionaries before, or knew Mormons, because random people just don't know those things haha. So we started having a conversation with him about the Word of Wisdom, and we asked him if he had met with missionaries before. Turns out he had when he lived over by Seattle. He had recently moved over here and had requested for missionaries to come over to his house and teach his family, but the info either got lost or didn't get sent, so he hadn't seen any missionaries at his house. He had been hoping that he would see some. So long story short, we got his info and sent it to the missionaries in Pasco for them to teach him. Pasco is where he lives. It was just cool to see an instance where the Lord led us to him because he was looking for the truth.

You asked about C***** and she is doing awesome! We met with her yesterday, and she even got up during Sacrament meeting and bore her testimony in front of everyone. She told us that her family was wanting to come to church but weren't able to make it, but it's only a matter of time!!!

Well, that was pretty much the highlights of my week this week. Sounds like you had a great week. That's  super exciting that the Braves were able to pull out that championship twice in a row. It's good that Sarah went with all her friends. 

It will be fun to fill out a bracket for March Madness. Are the Utes guaranteed a bracket spot? I would bet they are, being 2nd in the conference.

That is rough news for Sister M. I hope everything improves there. That would not be fun to have to go home on medical after you just got there. Yeah, I have been watched over lots of times on my mission. I can even tell you that haha. It's good to be kept safe.

You washed the truck???? I think you meant to say that you "warshed" the truck haha. I guess you are a Utahn though so it's okay haha.
Well, thanks Dad, for all that you do. You always have something good to say it seems. I liked your testimony. I do try every night to write down the spiritual experiences that I have throughout the day. I think I do a pretty good job at that. I haven't missed one day of writing in my journal, so I think that's pretty good haha. I do know that I am doing the Lord's work. He leads me and guides me to where I need to be. Without God, this work would be impossible. I know that this is His church. I feel it everytime I teach the restoration and bear testimony of the work of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. I know it is true. As we read the Book of Mormon, we can know that God has called prophets on the earth before. Prophets are essential. Without a prophet we have no priesthood authority because it is delegated from the key-holder, who is President Monson. I am so grateful to have a prophet on the Earth at this time! What a blessing that is!

Thanks for all that you do for me, Dad. You're awesome! Love ya!
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment