Tuesday, January 21, 2014

First baptism!

Elder Sed (top center) and the Ellensburg Elders. 

When Elder Sedlacek gave his farewell talk in church, he bore his testimony that he knew the atonement is real. I don't think it's any coincidence that his first couple baptisms (one last week and one coming up this week) are two people who he would never have guessed would change their lives like they have. But through the power of the atonement, they have done exactly that, and Elder Sedlacek has been able to witness it. What an amazing blessing!

1/20/14 email to Mom

What's up Mama? 
This week was so great. It was kinda funny finding out about Vince's baptism. Monday when I was emailing, I didn't get the email from Vince, so if I hadn't gotten on during the week I wouldn't have seen it. Here is the story why I was even on the computer during the week: This week I got a bill from the medical place that I went to in Kennewick a while back for $10. I had to get on the computer to pay it. After I paid it, I had the thought to check my email and that is when I read about Vince's baptism. I was so freaking excited when I found out I hardly slept that night!  Anyway, I got approval to go from President Ware, which was super lucky because he wasn't going to let me, but he could tell that I really wanted to go see it. Since it was my first convert baptism, I got approval from him to go. It was a really nice baptism. Elder S got to baptize him, which I didn't mind, because it was so great to see him get baptized. He has such a strong testimony. It was fun to see his reaction when he saw that I was there. Elder S and I kept it a secret from him, so it was a huge surprise. He was super happy that I was able to make it. I was super happy too.
Well, to answer your question, I am staying warm and getting enough to eat. I want some good recipes that are fast and easy and cheap for missionaries to make. If you could send some in the mail that would be great.
Our investigators are doing great. Yesterday we put Jose on date for baptism this Saturday! We had a talk with a member of the bishopric and the ward mission leader before church and that really made us realize how prepared he is. We went home and said a prayer for an answer to see if he was ready for baptism and we felt like it is a good idea so we put him on date for the end of the week and he is super excited. I hope everything works out with it. He really needs the presence of the Holy Ghost in his life. It will help him so much right now, especially with making good decisions.
The bathroom looks super nice!
That is great that Nicole was able to get a job. I have been praying for her to find one that will work for her. Turns out Heavenly Father pulled through again. I will wish her a happy birthday too.
Sounds like church stuff is going well for you guys. That is good that Jared is finally growing up haha. Maybe he will get taller, but I will always be stronger haha.
Well Mama, I am doing great up here in WaRshington haha. Thank you for all the prayers and support. I love emailing to you guys too.
Love, Elder Sedlacek
Email to Dad
 What's up Grandpa Dad. haha
Can you believe that you're a week older since last week? haha. Just messing around with my OLD Papa. This week was great. I was able to go to Vince's baptism like you probably already know. It was great and kinda funny. When he was getting baptized, Elder S forgot to let Vince plug his nose, and when he was dunking Vince he smacked his head on the side of the font. It was bad haha but Vince was alright. He didn't even care either! haha He was just so happy to be getting baptized. He will be an awesome member and a long time friend. 
Last week was great! We have 5 progressing investigators right now with 3 of them on date for baptism. Jose is on date for this Saturday. Sadly, Cheyenne fell off date and wants to put it off but we are going to try to get her baptized this Saturday, too. She is so ready but she doesn't realize it yet. She really wants to be baptized, she just wants to put it off. We are going to have a lesson Ttuesday just on baptism so I hope she will change her mind. Pray for her to receive an answer to get baptized sooner rather than later. 
This week we taught 15 lessons which was still amazing. Nine of them were member-present lessons with investigators. It was still a great teaching week for us. Sunnyside is having bunches of success right now. It is a blessing for me to be serving here when it's like this. I hope I'm not training here in a week and a half. It is training numbers though. It will be interesting to see what happens at transfers this week. By next P-day I will know what's going to go down. I had my quarterly interview with President Ware this week and he said I am doing great. He said I am really good at adjusting to different comps, so hopefully I don't get bounced around my whole mission haha. President Ware is an awesome guy!
One of the benefits of serving in the states is hearing the scores of the big games. I already knew who was playing in the Super Bowl because I am pretty sure all of Warshington had a party last night haha. Everyone here is so excited for the it. It is crazy. I don't think the Super Bowl will be too distracting. Who knows how well the work will be in 2 weeks on Sunday, but it will be fun. I probably won't be able to watch it though which is okay. That is awesome Utah is doing so well in basketball. Maybe they will make it into March madness. That would be fun.
That is great that work is going good for you. I bet it is fun to work for the church. In a way I am working for the church right now and its pretty fun haha.
Well I hope you have a great week Pops. Have fun playing with Duke haha. He is a funny dog. I love you, Papa! You're awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment