Monday, February 10, 2014

All we need to do is become as a little child.

 
How is it going Dad,
This week was great! The baptism went super good. It was almost too easy. I didn't know baptisms could come that easy haha. We just met him 3 1/2 weeks ago! He was golden and he was super excited for his baptism. It was fun to see him that excited. He already told us that he wants to be a missionary someday and he is only 21, so he easily could. As for the baptism coming up this week we have Denise getting baptized on Saturday. She is awesome too. She is so ready and has a strong testimony of the gospel. She is even starting to do missionary work in her own family. Three words to describe her: She is awesome! For the following Saturday, the 22nd, we have three people on date. Nick, who is the boy friend of a member who is progressing really well. He wants it for himself and even goes to early morning seminary each day. He is going to do great. The other two on date for the 22nd are Becky and Jackie. Becky's mom just passed away on Thursday so I am sure she could use some prayers. They are still doing great, besides the fact that they are grieving the loss of their mom and grandma. They told us yesterday that they are gaining a testimony of the gospel. Marie is also doing really well. She came to the baptism for Myron and she really liked it. We have her praying for an answer if she should be baptized on March 8th, so pray for her too that she will be able to make the correct decision for her.
I had a miracle story that happened to me this week from following a prompting that I got. I'm not going to tell you in the email though haha. I need something to write a letter about, so you will just have to wait. I really do try to follow every single prompting I get from the spirit. It really helps out in missionary work. Like an experience I had this week: Our district has a goal for 15 baptisms this transfer for all of us 6 Elders. We had been meeting and discussing how we were going to achieve the goal because that is a number we felt like we needed to set, but the district has never pulled a number like that, so we really needed a plan of how we were going to get there. We had several ideas of what we needed to change to achieve the goal and some of those were prayers, personal sanctification, and trust in the Lord. I chose to study sanctification and really had a lesson from the spirit. I turned to the index and started reading all the scriptures on sanctification. There are several ways we can be more sanctified, like through the atonement and yielding our hearts to God. I came to one in D&C though that really stuck out to me. It teaches that we are sanctified through magnifying our calling. I had known that our calling as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Our calling is the Doctrine of Christ. I realized that the district was getting away from the purpose, by trying to set all these complicated ways of achieving the goal of 15 baptisms when all we need to do is become as a child. Submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to the will of God,and apply the Doctrine of Christ in our own lives and we will have success. The whole district was amazed at what I thought of and they all really loved it. They are convinced that I am going AP now too haha. We will have to see about that one haha! Well anyway, that was one of the many experiences that I had this week.
That is super funny about you and the hula dancers hahahahhahahahahah. I want to see a video of it. I bet you had fun though even though you were embarrassed. I never though you would dance or even could haha.
Yep, I had heard that the Olympics were starting up again. I was kinda bummed that they were the winter ones when I heard, but it doesn't bother me now. I just have to deal with it haha. That is sweet that the Jazz were able to beat the Heat. I wonder if the Heat were trying though? haha. That is good that Utah is doing good. They need to keep winning.
Well, I love you guys and am so excited to be one of those 66 missionaries from our stake. That is exciting that I am not on the bottom row anymore haha. Time does go by fast. Keep me updated if I move up anymore haha. I am grateful for all that you and the whole family do to support me while I am on my mission. You guys are the best family I could ever have! I really do love you guys tons!!
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment