Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Enjoying every moment!

February 3, 2014
 
What's up mom,
I am doing great! This week was another good one. It was kinda slow at the beginning ( I don't know why) but it picked back up the rest of the week. How was your week? Good to know that I will be getting a package. I have been wondering where it was haha. That was nice of you to put goodies in for kids. Good thinking haha. Yep, yesterday was the Superbowl. It was fun. I actually got to watch a little bit of it at the member's house that we had dinner at. We had all this Superbowl food and played with the family. It was lots of fun. The city wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. There were some fireworks going off but that was about it. Well, the work is going great. We had 5 investigators at church which was great, and we have 5 on date for baptism, one of them being Myron for this Saturday. It is going to be sweet to see him get baptized. He is soooo excited. We had lots of lessons this week too. That is a cool story about the girl in Florida. That is really all it takes to share the gospel. Let the missionaries do the "hard" stuff haha. The Lord wants you and everyone else to share His gospel. He will help you with it. All you have to do is ask Him, and I am sure you know that already. 
The bathroom looks super good! Kelly did a great job. I bet it is super nice to use now. It is good that Heavenly Father blessed you guys to be able to have it nicer. He is the The Best!
I love you guys sooo much. That is funny that Nick is jealous. He should be haha. It is awesome right now. I am trying to enjoy every moment because it is already going faster than I though it would. 
You guys are the best!
 
What's up Dad!
Yep I found out the score pretty much right when it ended. The Seahawks did awesome. I bet it wasn't even much of a game. I got to see a couple minutes of the last of the 4th quarter because we were at a member home eating dinner and playing games. It was a fun night. That is fun that you guys did a score guessing game. So does that mean that Sarah actually watched football for once???? That would be crazy haha. Sounds like it was a fun time though for you guys too. I also heard about Groundhog Day yesterday and that he saw his shadow so more cold weather. Funny, because it has been snowing up here ever since I found out. There is practically no snow on the ground though, which is weird. It isn't Utah snow up here. It is crappy Washington snow haha!
My week was great! We had 12 member present lessons which is awesome. That is the 3rd week in a row that we have had awesome member present numbers. It is showing in the success in the other numbers as well. Members are so important in getting investigators baptized. We have a huge teaching pool still. We lost two investigators because we baptized them, but it seems HF just gave us a couple more new ones, so yep, we are keeping it up. Sunday was great. We had 5 investigators there and it was a good testimony meeting so that was good. Testimony meetings are always so sketchy haha. The investigators we had at church were Myron, Nick, Becky and her daughter, and Steve. They are all doing great. They are probably the most solid investigators. We have a couple more like Denise, Michelle, Sydnie, and Marie who didn't come, but we are going to check on them. It was a really good show to sacrament meeting anyway. Myron is going to be getting baptized this Saturday.  I think Denise will be getting baptized the week after. Becky and Jackie are doing really well. We weren't able to meet with her husband because he was on the road all week driving his truck. They are awesome people. We had a awesome lesson this week with them. The spirit was super strong and they learned a lot and committed to be baptized on the 21st of this month! And to think we just found them and Myron three weeks ago! The work is progressing so fast. It is awesome to see and be a part of. 
Sounds like church was great for you and the family. That is great. I love meetings like that where you just feel the spirit so strong. They feel like they just re-charge the spiritual tank. That is probably what the sacrament is partially for. It always seems like it helps me to re-charge. 
That is good that work is busy for you too. 10-12 hours a day, think back to when you had 16 hour days on the mission haha. It is not the same work though for missionary work and a regular job so I feel for you dad haha. It will be cool though I am sure when you finish up the project that you guys are doing and look back on it and see what you have done. I am sure you are having fun though doing all that work.
You are right, the bathroom does look super nice. It is way nicer than the bathroom I use everyday haha. I bet it is nice to use. You guys are lucky! haha
It is fun that you guys are putting in for hunts. If you want to put me in for points, by all means go for it. I don't mind either way. It would be nice to come home and have bunches of points that I could use. But like I said, I don't mind either way. That would be cool if you guys can draw a tag for something. Just make sure you duck hunt haha. That is the most fun type of hunting of coarse haha. Don't worry, it won't get me thinking too much about home.
It's funny that you went and bought a Hawaiian shirt haha.  You should get a big straw hat to go with it. That would be funny.
I am glad that you guys were able to use the card I sent. You deserved it. I love you guys sooooo much. Thank you for all that you do for me. It is awesome that you are helping me out. I didn't get the package yet but I should  real soon. Thank you for it in advance.  I hope you all have a fun Valentines day and month too. Thank you for all the support! I love serving a mission!!! The people and experiences are awesome!
Love, Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment