Monday, March 24, 2014

Miracles come as we pray specifically for them

Elder Sedlacek and Elder J saying goodbye on transfer day
What's up Mama,
Sounds like you had a fun week. Mine was pretty fun also, although kinda slow. It was good though. We had zone meeting on Wednesday, and that was fun to go to. They just talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon. It is really amazing how the Book of Mormon changes lives. It is a inspired book of scripture, and it changes lives. That is the most amazing part. I love the Book of Mormon! 
I hope Mia and Libby did good on their play. It sounds like it was fun to watch. That is funny that Libby stopped to wave haha. I could picture her doing that haha
That's exciting that you sang in church. I bet you did good. Is that the first time doing a duet in church for you?
That is a cool story that Sister H told. It's like Christ and the loaves of bread and the fishes. That would be super sweet to have an experience like that. Although big experiences don't build testimony it would be super sweet to have one like that.
Thanks for you all that you do Mama. You're the best.

What's up Dad,
I will start with the last question you asked about the investigators. Right now we have a couple investigators that are doing really well. E is doing really great. This week we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ and she really loved it. She wants to share the gospel with all her family it seems. I will be super surprised if she doesn't get baptized this transfer. She basically opened up to us for the first time, and I mean really opened up, which means she trusts us. It's been along time waiting for it but it finally came. She is doing great! Keep praying for her to be able to find a job and a place to stay in Sunnyside so we don't lose a golden investigator. The D family is doing pretty good. I liked your thought of teaching them the priesthood. Right now we are teaching lessons about how we are not just another christian church. Last night we watched the testaments with them and they both really liked it. They even told us that they are going to come to church on Sunday so that is progress. I really hope they keep progressing. They need the gospel! All of our other investigators I will write about in a letter so I have something to write about haha. Those are some of our best progressing at the moment. Keep praying for the goal of 14 baptisms by April 22nd, 2014 at 9 pm! Its so important to be specific in our prayers. I have a huge testimony of that! Miracles come as we pray specifically for them and have the faith that they will come.
My comp and I are still doing okay. I am trying super hard to learn from him and make my self better as a missionary. I know I am supposed to be with him for a reason. I am just figuring that reason out still haha. We teach pretty good together, which helps, but it could always be improved. Anyway, it's still going slow but it is okay.
That is funny that you almost got put into another job at the caucus haha. That would have been super funny if you had gotten it without wanting it haha. People just like you I guess haha. You mean you don't want to be the next president of the US? What do you mean haha!
That is super funny on my bracket. I guess the mission does not help me make better predictions haha. That is cool that Warren Buffet is going to give 1 million to who ever can pick a perfect bracket. Too bad it probably won't happen. It like never does. It would be cool though if someone was able to do it. Imagine being that guy! That would be crazy to pick a perfect one.
I had seen that Brother B had been called as a mission president. That is super cool. He is going to be a super good president.
Well, things are going good Dad. I hope you're doing good too. Keep up the good work. Thanks for all that you do for me and the letters! I love hearing from you in the week. You're a great example for me Dad. Just want you to know that. I love you guys! 
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment