Tuesday, March 11, 2014

When things are tough, something good is on the way

What's up Mom? 
This week was a hard week at the beginning. But yes, talk about crazy. Literally every single appointment we had set up cancelled. It sucked super bad haha. It was funny though, because Elder J and I had been talking that something big was coming because it was super sucky. We knew it was coming soon. And guess what? It did!!!!!!!! This week, Steve had an experience where he got his answer that he needs to be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!! We set his date for tomorrow (Tuesday the 11th), the last day of the transfer. Ending the transfer with a bang, let me tell ya haha. Transfer news: I am staying and am going to be companions with an Elder A from california who has been out 1or 2 less transfers than I have. I don't know him so I will be meeting him on Wednesday. Elder J is getting transfered to Pasco, where it will probably be his "dying area." So that's the transfer news. I'm staying in Sunnyside for 1 more at least. I hope I can keep up the success that we have been having lately. I am going to try my absolute best to!
 
That is exctiting that Kelly is starting to paint the house. Now you get to smell paint all day. That's kinda sucky but I guess its just one of those things you will have to deal with haha. I bet it will look nice. I bet the new lights will make it much brighter in the living room too. And now with more light the old fart dad can finally read his scriptures haha.
 
That is a cool story that President M told. In this mission, we don't have much contact with the older missionaries. They are the office missionaries, and they also do other jobs so I don't know any of them very well. If I serve in Kennewick or Richland, I would have more contact since they live down there.
 
That is awesome for Nate! I bet he is super excited to go to Chaz's mission. That would be funny if Chaz trained Nate. And I do know Jane but I don't know her personally. I know who she is though. She was a year older than me in school. That is cool though that she is coming to the WKM. Best mission in the states!
 
You will have to give condolences for me for the deaths of Bro. K and Sister G. I didn't know either of them that well, but I knew Bro K better.
 
Thanks for all the praying that you guys do for me. You're the best family!!! I love you guys.
 
 
What's up Pops,
This week was a great one towards the end. We ended up having a baptism, or I mean we will have one tomorrow (Tuesday) for Steve. It was a really nice, much-needed miracle. The week before, it was super hard so that is how we knew that a big miracle was coming. It was so nice when it finally came. 
 
So the baptism tomorrow is going to be awesome. Steve is an awesome guy. Carlos got the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday so that was awesome too. It will be awesome in a year to come back and see them get sealed in the temple. In fact, most of our recent converts will be getting sealed in the temple in about a year from now. It's going to be sweet. Because the week sucked up to Thursday we weren't able to get a hold of our other investigators to teach them a lesson. They are all doing okay though. 
 
That is crazy that Mia is getting big now. It is going to be so weird to come home and see the changes. It's going to blow my mind haha. Does it make you feel old that you only have 1 child left in child shoe sizes? Who knows you could have one married, and you already have 1 on a mission. It seems like yesterday I was in elementary school though which is the crazy thing haha! It's going to be fun though to see what is in store for the future for all of us. 
 
I guess mom now knows the perks of having a High Counselor as a husband. I bet you both will give great talks though.
 
It is great that E is going on a mission. I remember him. He was in a couple of my ceramics classes at the high school. He is pretty cool. Anyone else that has left recently? The missionary news is exciting.
 
Thanks for all that you do for me. I got your letter and will write one back hopefully today. I have been bad at that but I will try to do better haha.
 
I am affected by the transfer but you can get the news from my email to mom. I will enjoy the change. Hopefully he is a good missionary. I am sure he is though.
 
I love you guys and thanks for all that you do. You guys are awesome!!!! Love ya!!!
-Elder Sedlacek
 

No comments:

Post a Comment