Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Praying for miracles


This week I've had two calls from people in Sunnyside, both so grateful for Elder Sedlacek and all he has done for their area. One was from the Bishop's wife and the other was the President of the Columbia River Temple. Both expressed their love of Elder Sedlacek. I am so grateful they took the time! In other news, Elder Sedlacek is struggling some right now with his new companion and could use all the prayers he can get. Please pray for his companion too! 

What's up Dad,
This week was awesome and pretty tough at the same time. We had the baptism for Steve on Tuesday right before Elder J left. The baptism was super good, and the most attended baptism I have seen on the mission thus far. It was a super good service, too. Transfer day was super fun. I got to spend some time with other missionaries that I hadn't seen in a while. I took some pictures so that was fun. My new companion though is going to be tough, I can tell you that right now. I am going to have to look for the best in him.
Like I said in the letter, our teaching pool is getting smaller each time we baptize somebody haha. It's a good problem to have. I am just trying to keep up the teaching pool with new investigators so we can keep up the same success. That is another reason why I am stressed out. I want to have the same success and it doesn't look like we can right now. I am just praying for miracles. I am working my hardest to go out everyday and find those people who are ready to hear the gospel. 

Sounds like you did really good on your talk on Sunday, both you and mom. I like the quotes you used so the talk was probably even better. Good job Papa!
I will let you know how a couple of our investigators are doing right now since I don't want to write about them all in the letter. The D family is kinda struggling right now. B has been having back problems and so they didn't come to church. That is the biggest problem with them. They just need to come to church. A lot of our investigators are in the same boat. It was cool though because yesterday E came to church for the first time and she really liked it. I hope she starts progressing super good now that she has come to church. We hope to put her on date this week. Well, that is some of our main investigators at the moment. I will write about the others in a letter hopefully haha. I really enjoyed getting your letter this week also. Thanks for sending me one.
Well, it sounds like you have a pretty busy week this next week so good luck on all that. Enjoy the caucus meeting haha. I bet those are no fun. Thanks for all that you do for me Dad. You're the best! I just want you to know that I look up to you and your example even more when times get tough. I know if you did it, so can I. You're the best! I love ya!
I will try to sit down and write a letter to you guys again today. You should get one this week.
I love you guys! Make sure to pray for our goal of 14 baptisms for my district by April 22nd at 9:00 pm. We need all the prayers we can get to help us out.
-Elder Sedlacek


What's up Mom,
Happy St. Patrick's Day haha! I didn't even realize it was St. Patrick's Day, so I am not wearing any green haha. Hopefully I don't get pinched.
 It was a pretty good week. Transfers was super fun, getting to see some missionaries that I hadn't seen in a while. Getting a new companion was, sadly, a different story. I'm afraid he is going to be a test of my patience. But I am going to learn to love him.
Tuesday we had a baptism for S. It was amazing. Probably the biggest miracle that happened this week. We also had four investigators at church so that was a pretty big miracle too, since we had all the baptisms we haven't had many investigators at church. Hopefully, the number stays up.
Sounds like you had a pretty busy week. The house looks super nice by the way. I like the gray paint even with the carpet. It looks really good. You are right though, this week went by kinda slow for me too. It has just been tough. I am stressed because I want to keep up the success that we have been having, and we are trying to find new investigators to teach because of all the baptisms we have had lately. The district set a goal for 14 baptisms as a district before April 22nd at 9:00pm so be sure to pray for that. Pray for us to have success in that goal. That is one thing we are focusing on--praying specifically for blessings we want to come. It really works too. So when you pray for it, make sure to say 14 baptisms by April 22nd at 9:00pm.
That is a super cool story about Grandpa V. I really like it  every time I hear it. Thanks for sharing it with me again Mama. I think that would have been so cool to be Grandpa in that situation. It would have been amazing.
That is funny about Nicole going and kissing a fish. Was it a hint? haha. I am proud of her haha! I wonder what made her go fishing like that though. Did she just go by herself? Mid life crisis haha.
I am glad that you liked my letter. I really do enjoy seeing the changes that happen. I know I have a much stronger testimony of the gospel now because of my mission. That is one of the biggest changes that have happened, and it's awesome that I still have time left to grow even more. That is why I love the mission.
Thanks for all that you do support me Mama and family. You're awesome. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment