Monday, April 7, 2014

The Gospel is Amazing

Email to Dad 4/7/14
 
What's up Dad,
Hahaha that is super funny that you deleted your whole first email by mistake. Did you try the undo button when you deleted everything? That might have helped you haha. 
Sounds like you guys had a good week. Mine was pretty good. Over conference though the adversary really seemed to not want the D family to watch any of it, and they didn't. I was super, super bummed that they didn't watch conference. Really, all hell broke loose on them over Saturday and Sunday. It was not a coincidence I believe. I really feel like if they had watched it they would have gotten an answer, just like you said. Good news for confence online though! They said they will watch confence online, so they better do it haha. But I know it's just like what they said in conference-- "Righteousness cannot be forced. It must be chosen." E was able to watch it though. She really liked it. 
 
Both E and J were on date for this week, but fell off to next week, so hopefully they will be baptized next week. I am really trying to stay patient with our teaching pool. I really needed to hear that quote from conference. It was super good. I think President Eyring said it in his Saturday morning talk. That was one of my favorites. I went through and explained all my favorite talks to Mama in my email to her so you can get them from her haha. I don't want to type it all out again. It takes forever haha unless I copy and paste. 
 
Sounds like conference weekend was fun. It would have been super fun to hang out with all the family. It is crazy to think Grandpa Sed has been gone for a year now. I wish sometimes that I could email back and forth with them too, but I know they are watching over me. I am sure Grandpa comes and helps with the lessons I teach, since he wasn't able to serve when he was my age. I am sure he is helping me out as much as he can. I know he is in a place better than he was at, and you know that too. I really liked when Pres. Uchtdorf said "Death is hard because we aren't made for ends. We are made for eternity. Death sometimes seems like an end but really it's the beginning." You already know that too just as I know that. The gospel is amazing isn't it? The comfort and peace it can bring into our lives is amazing to me. 
 
That is fun about the March Madness. You will have to let me know how the score ends up in the final. That is funny about the Jazz. They just need to stay at the bottom at this point. That is what is going to help them the most in the future. I hope they can get a really good lottery pick and they don't blow it like they have before.
 
Well, I want you to know that I am doing well. The goal we have for 14 baptisms is getting close and we only have 2. We are really searching for that magic solution personally so we can achieve the goal we have set. I know we can do it if our investigators follow through with their comitments. That is what we are really having trouble with right now. Just pray for all of our investigators that they will do what they know and feel is right. Keep praying for the goal of 14 as well. April 22nd is the last day of this transfer. 
 
Good job on fixing Bro. N's machine haha. He called you because he knows you could fix it of coarse. That is funny that it rained over conference just like it always does. Here in Sunnyside it was perfect days. The weather is great up here right now. Not too hot, not too cold during the days and nights. It's great.
 
I am doing great. It sounds like you guys are, too. I am thankful for all that you guys do for me. Thanks for everything. I love you all! You're an awesome family.
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment