Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Christ's Doctrine can change our hearts. I know that because mine has been changed.

What's up Mom,

Sounds like you had a good week. My week was pretty great too. That is way cool that Nicole will be able to get into surgery sooner than she expected. The sooner the better, in her situation. Miracles do happen everyday. We just have to recognize them. That is what I have learned on my mission--it does get hard before the miracle, but the blessing way outweighs the crap before it.

You all look good in the temple pic, by the way.

We had Zone Conference this week, and ironically enough the main message was on humility and obedience. I am sure it wasn't a coincidence. I realized something that I thought was kinda cool. Adam and Eve, when they were created by God,  it was from the dust. We all have to humble ourselves to the dust to be created "new" in our lives as well. Just one similarity that we all have to Adam and Eve. Zone conference is always good. It's always cool to hear what President has to say. He's super cool!

It is crazy that school is starting up so soon now. Seems like yesterday I was a senior haha. Not anymore. I don't have to go back to school hahaha. You can tease the kids for me too if you want.

Mom: Hi son! Yeah it does seem like yesterday you were a senior! Somebody said yesterday that you will soon have single digits left (as far as months left of your mission), and I realized that's right! It seems so crazy!!

Elder Sed: Thanks for all the support, and everything that you guys do for me. I have a testimony of the gospel. I love Alma chapter 26 that I read this morning in my personal study. I want to be like Ammon when I am at the end of my mission. Time is limited, and I want to make the most of every day. It really does come down to the heart with the day-to-day decisions. Christ's doctrine can change our hearts. I know that because mine has been changed. I love the gospel!

I hope you all have a great week with school prep what ever it is. Love you guys!
-Elder Jake Sedlacek

What's up Dad,
I like the sports updates, but not the news on the 49ers getting killed. That sucks.

I had a pretty good week. We had Zone Conference this week and it was nice to be able to rest for a little bit and listen to Pres. Ware. He always says good things. Our investigators aren't really progressing right now. None of them--which sucks. G doesn't want to commit to a date for baptism still, even though he tells us every lesson he wants to be baptized. It's just frustrating and he will not tell us why he doesn't want to commit yet. He has to tell us, or the Spirit has to tell us so we are able to help him. I have been praying to discern what his concern is and I don't think I have exactly what it is yet so I'm going to keep praying.
 
We have to pass off E to the YSA sisters which kinda sucks. I was hoping we would be able to keep teaching her because we are short on people to teach, but we can't. This week we had lots of good lessons using the tips President Ware gave us at Zone Conference of always quickly getting to the message of the restoration--meaning not so much small talk and more of the why we are here. It has been awesome seeing the results from it. I think we had 6 other lessons off of OYMs this week because of it. It was awesome. I am definately going to keep using that technique.

We were finally able to meet up with F this week also. He has been super busy framing houses, and so we showed him how to get the  Book of Mormon on his phone and it will talk to him while he frames. He said he's going to listen to it at work so how cool would that be if somebody got interested because of it?

We found a new investigator named S this week. The lesson was so close to turning into a bash which I DID NOT want, but we shared the message of the restoration with her and it brought in the Spirit and she actually sat back and listened. She accepted a Book of Mormon as well and is going to read it which was a miracle. We are going back in a couple weeks to see how she does.

You will have to let me know how the college football goes at the U if you do end up going. College football season is the best haha.

The weather has been pretty good. It has been in the 80s, which felt really nice, except for yesterday when it got up in the 90s again. It's supposed to be cooling off though now so we will see. It has been storming a ton in the middle of the night so I don't get to enjoy it. It wakes all the members up and they talk a lot about the storms but I honestly do not hear them. I am way too tired to wake up for a whimpy storm haha. That is what missionary work does I guess haha.

It sucks the garden didn't work out as planned. It's good for the soil to wait for a year anyways. You can just call it your secret plan to success haha.

Well, I hope you have an awesome week. I am so grateful for all that you guys do for me. I pray for all of you everyday. Love you tons too!
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment