Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Are we hot or are we cold?

What's up Mama,
This week was pretty good. Transfers are this week. How did you know? Well, the news on transfers is I am staying in Pasco with Elder C. It should be good. I have been praying to know that this is where I am supposed to be for the next transfer.
 
The weather has been nice this week. Like really, really nice. I wish it would stay like that the whole year. That sucks about the a/c freezing up,but it's good it is staying cool now. We haven't had many thunder storms here, the weather is really nice. I love it right now. Not too hot or cold.
 
Our investigators are doing pretty good. G came to church this week, and he liked it which was good too. I don't know if he is still reading. He had some family come in this week so he hasn't met with us. I hope his family isn't giving him tons of crap for listening to us. I think that might be why he is holding back right now-- family situations. That's a good idea that Catilin had with teaching from the Book of Mormon. I willl probably try that.
 
So you got rid of Direct tv huh. That kinda sucks. Do we have ESPN anymore? Roku is pretty good though I guess. Lots of people have that instead of cable. Seems to be like a good deal if they have ESPN 
 
That is great that Nicole was able to schedule a time for surgery. The doctor sounds like he will do a good job. I am sure everything will go okay with it. You will have to let me know how it goes. I don't know when we will be emailing on Labor Day. It will probably be on Tuesday but maybe not. I know the library is closed on Monday so it might be interesting.
 
I will be praying that Nicole will be feeling back to normal quickly. Can't have old Micoe all tired and what not. That would not be fun haha.
 
I can't even believe that it's already pretty much my birthday myself haha. I have been thinking about what I would ask for. I have some ideas. I will throw them out to you. A new pair of Johnson Murphys (the original ones are dead so all I have now are the Rockports), some other nice looking belt buckles for my Mission belts ( if you went online to their website they have just belt buckles that you can buy and interchange them on the belts), snacks are always good, a new SD card to replace the other one then I can send the one I have now home and you can get the pics, ties that are good looking ( if you go to Ross or Burlington they have really good ties for really cheap is one thing I have learned on the mission), and whatever else you think I would like haha. You're the Mama. You know your favorite son too well.
 
That is crazy that school started up already. I hope the kids had fun!
 
I am glad that you guys are doing well. I hope you all have a great week. I will share some of my spiritual thoughts from studies I had this week. I read in Revelations 3:15-16 which really just stood out to me. It talks about hot and cold water. In the gospel we either need to be all in, as in "hot", or we are "cold". There is no middle ground even though we may think that there is that middle ground. We all need to evaluate everyday what we can do to improve. I am thinking about sharing it.  Some people think they can be in the middle ground but in reality there is no middle. I also read in Alma 33:23 and I really liked it as well. All of us as children of God may have things that we are asked to do that we don't understand with our limited knowledge, but as this scripture says, if we "plant" whatever is troubling us and feed it with our faith it will grow into a tree that will bring us so much joy. Everything in the gospel is set up to bring us the most joy. I have a testimony of that. The gospel is truly what brings the most happiness in our lives. As we live it to the fullest everyday we will be blessed! I love the gospel and the chance to serve a mission. Thanks for all that you do to keep me out here. Love you all tons!
-Elder Jake Sedlacek

 
 
What's up Dad,
I bet you love being at work in the middle of the day haha. It's okay
though that you have to work. I understand haha. This week was really
slow kind of. Kinda rough. It was great though because G
came to church, which was Stake Conference this week for me. It was the
first time since being in Pasco that I have had an investigator at
church. It was a much needed thing. I am so glad that he was able to
make it. He really liked it from what it seemed. He had family come in
to town this week so I hope he has been reading. It kept him from
meeting with us this week which sucked.
I like the idea to just use the B of Mormon. It really does have so
much spiritual power. I promised C yesterday who we finally caught
home, that if she read the Book of Mormon it will change her life. I
only know that because it has changed my life. Those are the only
investigators we have right now that we are meeting with.
The rest aren't answering their doors or phones. That is
something that you can pray for-- the help to have us be able to get
back in contact with our investigators this week. This has been the
hardest area for that that I have had. People just aren't home
it seems like. You can also pray for a LA family in the ward that I
have been working with. Their name is the D family, and the wife had a
baby the other night but it isn't doing well. The baby had to be
flown up to Seattle to the children's hospital up there. I hope
everything is okay with them. They could certainly use some prayers
right now.

That is so cool to me that you work in a place where they have
trainings that use the Book of Mormon, AT WORK. You are lucky haha.
Not very often you can have a job like that where you aren't a
seminary teacher or something like that. I like the training ideas
though. Those are great questions to ask ourselves to improve each
day. Believe it or not, I kinda already ask myself that every night.
It's just a matter of acting on those things that you find that you can
improve on.

I am so grateful that I am able to serve a mission. Thanks for all
that you do for me. I do know that the gospel is true. When we apply
the scriptures into our lives, we can learn from them and they become
real to us. I love the Book of Mormon and also the Bible. Together
they work to give us the truth. The restored gospel is amazing.
I am grateful that we have it on the earth at this time. Without it, we
would be lost I am sure. I hope all you  guys have a great week this
week. I love you all tons!
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment