Monday, October 20, 2014

No matter where we are or who we are

Elder Sed turned the big 2-0 in Pasco
 
Whaz up Mama,
I can't believe its p-day already haha. This past week went by super fast for me for some reason. It was a good week though, so it was fun. We have found a couple more new investigators and we have a couple of our current investigators doing well too. Sadly, yesterday we weren't able to get anyone at church even though there were a couple that said they would for sure come. Life happens sometimes, I guess, which sucks haha. I also can't believe that it's almost Halloween. Time is going by fast haha. Too fast sometimes.

That's good that the video of me splitting an apple worked. I had another apple split right off just a couple minutes before that video was taken. The video one just took longer because it was a tough one haha. I am glad that it eventually split haha. That is funny Jared haha. I was betting Jared was going to try and split an apple once he saw the video haha. Oh, the things you learn in Warshington haha!

I don't think I need anything though from home right now. Basically, what I have now is what I am going to have for the rest of my mission I would bet. I am doing pretty good. I did get a package from Grandpa H with a Mission belt buckle if that is the one you are talking about. Is it?

I bet Dad had lots of fun with that kind of wedding planning haha. Did he go out and buy a nice chainsaw to do it? I bet the wedding reception will look super cool though with all the outdoorsey stuff. My kinda wedding haha.

That is cool that you get to stay put in your calling. I bet you don't mind not having to be re-trained in your calling. You must be doing good at it because they kept you in it :)

I like the thought that Ana shared about the apples and seeds. It relates really well to Warshington haha. That is really cool too with her and Nate. That would be a really cool thing to have as a parent too.


I want you to know that I love all you guys tons! I am happy to be serving a mission at this time and in the Washington Kennewick mission! I love the gospel! I know it's true!
I hope you all have a great week in all that you do.
-Elder Sedlacek

What's up Dad,
I am happy you had a good birthday first off. That card took a while to send it sounds like because I had sent it so it would get to you a couple days before your birthday but it sounds like it worked out for you haha.

I had a really good week. First off, we have an "on date!!!!!!!!!!" Her name is M*** and she is pretty interested in the church right now. She had promised to come to church yesterday, but her boyfriend got called into work and she didn't want to come alone. We are going to have a member meet with her this week, and then a church tour so hopefully next week she will come, even if her boyfriend does get called in.

Another lady we are teaching is T***. She is totally awesome. She loves to read the assignments that we leave her and she is really, really interested right now. The only problem is that she works two jobs and is really busy most Sundays with work and her two daughters. She is really cool though. We have 11 other people we are working with, but these two are the fastest progressing right now and I don't have time to write about all 11 of them haha.

This week I had my first district meeting and supposedly it went well, because they all liked it. I also realized that I know a lot more about missionary work than some of the other missionaries, just because I shared a simple thought/training of something I had heard lots before and all the missionaries were like "wow" haha. I just have heard lots and lots of trainings by now that some of the newer Elders and Sisters haven't heard yet haha.

We had a Zone breakfast on Saturday and that was fun. There was a thought shared by the Stake President that I really liked and hadn't really realized before. It is from 3rd Nephi ch 13, where the Savior comes and teaches the people. He comes back the next day and in between the time when He left and came back, the people who had listened to him the first time ("members") went out and invited lots of others to come listen to Him. So the number of people was 12 times greater the next day because of the members' invitations. It is one of the best stories of member missionary work in the scriptures. Kinda cool to think about what the members can do. If we involve the members, the number of converts can be 12 times more than if it was just us doing the work.

That is a cool mission story of Ana's, of just leaving stuff behind. I could see that working in this area since there are lots of people who just walk everywhere. It's kinda sad when I have people who come up to me with literally nothing and they ask for money and I can't give them any. Sometimes I really feel sad for them and the situations they are in. There are lots of people out there that need the gospel though. I know that for sure!

The sports news is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO UTES!!!!!!!! #19 baby hahaha. I just hope they can beat USC. That sounds like it will be a super tough game. Good thing it's at Utah from what I have heard. Sounds like BYU is stinking it up without their QB. That kinda sucks for them. It looked like they had great season going for them, but not now haha.
That sucks that the 9ers lost and the Chargers too. 

It will be fun when I get home to see all the changes that have happened. It will be crazy I am sure for me haha.

I am so happy to be serving a mission right now at this time in Kennewick. You are right that my testimony has grown so much. I know the gospel is the message that will bless everyone's life no matter where they are or who they are. WE are all children of the same being who loves us all perfectly! I love being able to represent Christ and bring souls closer to him--including my own. The gospel never ceases to amaze me. I love it! I love you guys too! Thanks for all that you do for me. You're all amazing.
Have an awesome week Papa at work and what not. Love ya!
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment