Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Transferred!



What's up Mama,
This week was great with conference. I had a lot of the favorite talks that you had, but I will share some of those thoughts too haha.

Transfers. I am getting transferred to East Kennewick. I am also going to be District Leader over there. I don't know how excited I am for that. I really don't want leadership, but now I have it. I don't really know much of what I will do yet. President Ware took a pic with me after the priesthood session because he was going to send it to you. He went to the priesthood session with me and  Elder C and took us out to Dairy Queen, too. It was fun to hang out with him a little bit. He is so inspired. I know that FOR sure.

As far as our investigators, we didn't get to meet with many of them this week. We had a really great week planned out, but everything seemed to cancel right before it was planned. It was just one of those weeks, but it ended awesome with conference. We are still trying to find new investigators here, but I will be leaving on Wednesday, so it's not something I have to worry about, at least in this area haha. This area has been tough for that. Probably the toughest one I have had so far. I love the members of the ward though. I am going to miss some of them. Good thing I can go back and visit huh? haha.

I am glad that the Bro. and Sister W were able to stop and visit with you guys. Yesterday they gave me the package you guys sent back up. I like the slacks. I'm wearing the light grey ones right now. They are just super light. I have to get used to them after wearing dark for so long haha. Thanks for sending them to me Mama. You da best.

That's great that everything is going good back home. It's good to hear.

Mom: Well son, I'm happy to hear that you don't want to be DL, because that means you are humble. The Lord will be able to use you however He wants to because of it. I have every confidence in you, you will be a fantastic DL. 

Elder Sed: Thanks Mama. It's good to know that you believe in me haha. I have no more email time today but it was great to email home and know that you guys are doing well. I love you all so much! I have a testimony of prophets today. I know Joseph Smith restored the gospel to the earth. We have priesthood authority on the earth and God still speaks to us. Missions are awesome! Love you guys!
-Elder Sedlacek


What's up Dad,
This week was really good. It was kinda slow teaching-wise, which just sucked, but Conference was really good. I really liked almost all the Seventies' talks. It was super weird to hear them speak in a different language. I just laughed out loud when the one started speaking in Cantonese. It sounded really funny to me for some reason haha. We really tried hard to get some investigators to come to the church to watch it with us, but weren't able to get anyone to the church. We invited TONS of people to listen to the prophet,  so I hope at least someone watched it. Elder Bednar's talk was perfect for any non-members who were watching. 

I gave the major transfer news to Mom. I bet you already know by the time you read this. Should be fun to go see a new area. This area has been a tough one conversion-wise, but the members are awesome. I am going to definately come back up here after to visit some people.
That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome that Utah beat UCLA! Top 25 Baby!!!!!!!!!!! That is what I am talking about. Sucks that Taysom Hill broke his leg. He was a good guy from what I understand. BYU is probably not ranked any more because of that huh? Thanks for the updates on the sports.

Yep, Washington apples are the best. We have a lot of really good honey crisp in our apartment. I have learned how to split an apple in half with my bare hands. I took a video of me doing it haha.

That is good that you got the pic from the photographer for the cardboard cutout. I am glad it looks good because I have not seen it. I have lost some weight, yes. You guys should make the cardboard cutout life size. I bet you could mess with Duke with it haha. That would be fun for Jared haha.

I can't believe you didn't go duck hunting on the opener Dad. I am so disappointed haha. I saw some HUGE flocks of geese flying early this week, and it reminded me that the opener was very soon. We will have to go next year. Just be prepared for that haha. I will start thinking what I want to go for, and where I want to go for school. 

Well, I hope you have a great week. For my spiritual thought go read Mosiah chapter 8. I have read that recently and it really helped me to appreciate the blessing we have of having a prophet. Ammon's testimony of prophets is amazing. I know just as Ammon did, that we do have prophets on the earth. I know President Monson is a prophet of God. I am so grateful for the chance to learn from the apostles and prophets. I love this gospel and the chance to serve a mission! Have an awesome week! Love you guys!
-Elder Sedlacek


No comments:

Post a Comment