Monday, October 27, 2014

"Right now I go to bed, and what seems like 5 minutes later, I am going to bed the next night!"

Elder Sed showing off an apple he had just split in half with his bare hands.


What's up Mom aka Mama,
I cant believe that it's been 15 months already. That is crazy. Is
somebody getting a little trunky ;) ????? haha Don't worry, I am not.
This week just flew by. It just seems to go like that each
transfer when I get to a new area. With trying to learn all new people/a
ward, time just flies by. Right now I find myself going to bed, and what
seems like 5 minutes later I am going to bed again the next night. If
time goes this fast the rest of my mission, it's going to go by sooooooo
tooooooo fast. It was a good week though. I will probably give more
about it in my email to Dad and keep the tradition alive haha.

600 invitations! Wow, that's a lot. I am sure I will get one of those. I
would be mad if I didn't haha. and Geeze Jeff is soo popular haha. He's
like a celebrity, and Nicole with 305--that's even more haha. A wedding
is big business.

Sounds like pumpkin carving was really fun. I am going to carve one
sometime this week with Sister S (Sister S is a grandma who takes care 
of the missionaries. ) It should be pretty fun. I
will be sure to take pictures.

I bet Mia is just loving life right now with theater.

I bet Dad is going to have sooooo much fun at the couples shower
haha. You're going to make him go? That's like torture!
Hey, I am getting a package? Thanks much Mama, you da best.

Thanks for everything Mama. You're awesome. You better believe it.
I am doing great. I love my mission.
As I wrote in the email to dad, I am grateful for the atonement this
week. I know it's real,and Jesus Christ lives. Missions are the bomb. I
hope you all have a happy Halloween, and a great week! Love you all so
much! Talk to you later
-Elder Jake Sedlacek

Whazz up Pop,
My week was pretty good. In fact really good haha. It went by super super super fast. I just can't believe it's Monday again already! haha. Some of the highlights of the week: M*** came to church yesterday and she really liked it. Her member fellowshipper is totally awesome and really helped to help her feel welcome and comfortable. Then we found a new investigator last Monday named J**** and she is totally golden. We commited her to get baptized on the first lesson when she finds out the truth for herself. She loved the restoration too, which was great! Pray for her to keep up the progression.

When I was on exchanges with the other Elders in my district, the Elders in my area found a new investigator named H**** and put her on date for the 15th of November (which may or may not happen), but still it sounded like an awesome lesson. I was in the other area so I didn't get to be there, but the exchange was really good. I really get to help the other missionaries in my district during those. I used to hate exchanges but they aren't that bad now.

We had specialized training and interviews with President this week too. Those were really good as usual. President Ware is awesome. He had a really funny thing he said when he saw some of the missionaries eating Taco Bell. He said "Some people have to quit smoking. I have to quit Taco Bell". Apparently he LOVES Taco Bell but Sister Ware doesn't let him eat it anymore haha.

On exchanges it was kinda ironic. I met the family of a sister missionary I met in the MTC. She is getting close to coming home so her family is really excited haha. It was just kinda fun to meet them. It's a small world haha.

We have 13 investigators right now but I will list some names of who you can pray for. Obviously pray for M***, J****, and H** but also you can pray for T**** that we can have some time to meet with her in her busy schedule. Pray for M**** that we can meet with her too. This area does have a lot of prepared people. I just wish we could tract a little more but it's not my comp's favorite thing to do.

The weather here has been good and there are more trees here so I actually get to see the fall colors. It's been raining almost every night this past week so I have figured out that my shoes aren't waterproof haha. I think I am going to try and buy some water proof spray today and see if that helps at all. It would suck to not have waterproof shoes this winter if it's really going to be as wet as they say it will be.

THAT IS AWESOME THE UTES WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they have a TOUGH schedule the rest of the season though. It will be awesome if they can keep winning. They are going to have to be on the top of their game. They are bowl eligible now though, correct? They will at least get a bowl game which is good. I heard Colorado is actually turning around now and not sucking so bad. That true? They really sucked before haha.

Your cowboys are doing good it sounds like. People keep saying it's going to be between Denver and Dallas in the Super Bowl.

Sounds like you did good on your lesson. They are right, you might end up with a calling to be a Sunday School or priesthood teacher haha.
Halloween this week will be the same as last year. We go in at 6:00 pm on all the crazy holidays like July fourth and Halloween. Those are the only ones I remember going in early for. It should be a party haha.
I am so grateful for all that you guys do for me. I say it every week but I totally mean it. You guys are awesome! I have a testimony of the atonement. I had a baptism interview on Saturday, and ever since then I have thought a lot about the atonement. It is really such a huge blessing of love from God and Jesus Christ. I know the power of the atonement is available to everyone of God's children no matter how far they may have gone. I know the atonement is real, and it WILL bless our life if we let it. I know Jesus Christ lives and he loves us personally. I just am grateful for the time to serve a mission. It's the bomb.

I hope you and the rest of the fam have a great week! Have a great Halloween. Don't eat too much candy haha. Love ya!
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment