Wednesday, November 5, 2014

If we don't use it, we lose it.


 Hey Dad,
Well, as usual, I will give the weekly update of my week. This week was really slow and pretty tough. Every apointment we had set up (which was a lot) cancelled. We got dropped by investigator, but we did have some other successes. We were able to have a great lesson with a new investigator.  His name is K**** and it was cool. We knocked on his door and he let us in, so we were asking why he let us in--most people don't do that right off the bat. He told us he wasn't intrested but that he was a nice guy and we seemed pretty cool. We then had a restoration lesson and the spirit was super strong. We asked him what he felt at the end of the lesson and he told us pretty strongly "I'm interested." It was just so cool to see someone change their mind in a matter of 30-40 minutes and become interested in the gospel. The spirit does amazing things. I can tell you that.

We had a couple investigators at church yesterday and it was pretty good. M***** came to church and she really liked it again. She told us something this week that I thought was cool. She has been really busy and had a hard time getting to her scripture reading. She told us that randomly while she is using her phone throughout the day for certain things, gospel library pops up at the point where she left off reading. Sounds like someone wants her to read her scriptures haha! I thought it was pretty cool to hear that happening. This week was fun with Halloween and stuff like that. I got to continue the tradition of carving pumpkins. It was really fun.

The weather this week has been Sooooooooo rainy. I have found out that my shoes aren't waterproof! That could be interesting come this winter. I really, really, really, really, really don't want to go buy a new pair that are waterproof because I just bought shoes a couple transfers ago. What do you think I should do?

I had an interesting thought this week in personal study. I have been reading the book Miracle of Forgiveness because President added it to our missionary library. It's a really good book. He talks about the saying "We are created to act. Not to be acted upon."  If you know what I am talking about, but I am sure you do. Anyway,  he talks about how if we don't use our muscles we lose them. It really solidified it in my mind that we are sent here to do things. Not to sit back and watch life go by. Even just from my knee surgery and the first day of physical therapy I remember really well how the doctor told me to flex my quad muscles and I couldn't do it. There was nothing there. I firmly believe that if we were meant to be acted upon, we wouldn't lose movement and ability if we just sat around. We were sent here to be about the Lord's work. That was just something cool that I realized this week. Hopefully it makes a little bit of sense haha.

Well, I am so grateful for all that you do for me. It is so awesome for me to see the blessings of serving a mission blessing you guys back home. I know the Lord lives and loves us. This is his gospel restored to the earth. Joseph Smith is a prophet of god! I love the mission! I have learned so much that will help me for the rest of my life. It's amazing. I love you guys!

Have a great week Dad, and everyone else!
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment