Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I am going to make these next few weeks the best yet!

 
Hey Mama,
It sounds like everyone had a good week! That's awesome.

I bet Jared was hilarious hahah [After getting his wisdom teeth out last week]. Videos will not even send to my mission email as far as I know, so it probably wouldn't have worked to send to me, even if it wasn't too big. I will be pumped to see them haha. Good thing I didn't get very loopy after my knee surgery. Did Jared take after Nicole and get super barfy when he woke up? How is he doing now? I would assume pretty good if he went to church and got the Melchizedek priesthood on Sunday. That's way exciting! 
 
Time just flies. We had my last transfer call, and I am staying in Milton-Freewater with Elder Bowen for my last. It's so crazy that I am already on my last transfer. Exactly six weeks from today, I will be in the mission home preparing to fly home on Tuesday. That's just insane to me! Totally insane.

Hey, that's awesome that my new suit is almost done. Thanks for doing all that for me. You're the best Mama.

THAT IS SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT NICOLE IS ALL GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't doubt one bit that you filled up the truck bed with all your old clothes hahahahaha. Your closet was PACKED!!! You probably will clothe a whole country hahahahaha.
You're awesome Mom. Keep up the good work!!!!!

I'm leaving now. Thanks, Mom, for emailing with me. I hope you all have a great week! Love ya all!
Talk to you next week!


Hey Dadio,
My week was pretty good! We have been focusing hard on finding some new investigators. This week was pretty interesting. We really didn't have much luck finding, but we have been talking to so many people! I know the Lord will bless us with people to teach when they are ready. 
 
In the meantime, we are just going to keep going out, hitting the streets and finding those who are prepared. I told you guys last week about a ton of referrals we got. We were going to contact them all this past week, but unfortunately we weren't able to contact any of them. Everyone was gone every time we went by to see them. 
 
We did have a pretty good lesson with a new investigator this past weekend. Her name is A*****.  I mentioned finding her last week. She's 16 and really searching for the truth. Her family goes to an anti-Mormon church here in town, so it could be interesting, but she is willing to learn things for herself. She wants to know the truth for herself.

R**** dropped us this week. That was kind of a bummer. He said he is done with learning more. I really think it was because he is scared of change. He will come around though.

The rest of our week, we had lessons with lots of people who are just potentials at the moment. I really hope some of them will have genuine interest in learning more about the gospel.

The biggest news of the week was that the ward leadership changed! We have a new bishopric and are going to be getting a new ward Mission Leader. I'm so pumped for the change. One of the new bishopric is a member missionary fire-ball. It reminds me of how the leadership was back in Sunnyside. This change will help the ward get fired up on missionary work! It's only going to be a matter of time!
This week we had transfer calls, but just like I thought, I am staying here with Elder Bowen. He is a stud!  We are both older than 18 months in the mission, so that is kinda weird. It makes it hard sometimes to stay focused all the time, but we are working hard every day. I know the Lord is going to be blessing this area a lot over the next six weeks! I'm super pumped to see what comes!
Jared on pain drugs! Oh, that is soooooo funny. I'm excited to see that wisdom teeth video. I just can't imagine him saying any of that stuff, so that makes it really, really funny. I was seriously laughing out loud as I was reading about it. I bet it was super funny to mess with him. I would have had way too much fun with that.
I bet stake conference was amazing with the visiting Seventy. Those guys are just such powerhouses. It's crazy. So Jared would have got his name read and then ordained after it was over...that's crazy. It will be cool for him to be able to use the priesthood now. I remember when I was just starting out, I was so nervous giving blessings, but now it's not bad at all. It's just awesome to be able to feel complete guidance from the Holy Ghost. I almost never know what I'm going to say when I start a blessing, but it just flows. You know how it feels. It's just awesome. The priesthood is such a blessing.
The chimney cap is broken? That's no good. Man, you're a man of all trades. I don't think there is something you're not willing to fix haha. Nice job on the sunburn, though. I guess sometimes we have to learn the hard way huh? Sunburns are no fun. You should just get some aloe vera. They even have aloe vera drinks. They are really good. You'll only find them in Mexican stores though. There is a really good mango one that I like. I wonder if that would help with sunburn??? The Mexicans here probably have some home remedy for sunburn. They have solutions to everything. They all have something to do with lime, too. Kinda interesting.
Man, I got some good family. I have awesome siblings who are all doing the right things, and awesome parents. You guys are awesome. I hope you have an wonderfully awesome Father's Day this Sunday Dadio. I bought you a card you're going to get a kick out of...........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Well, I'm so happy to be serving a mission. I am going to make these next few weeks the best yet! I know the Lord is with me and all the other missionaries throughout the world. This is His work. I know that He lives! I love my savior Jesus Christ. I know this is the true church on the earth. The world needs the truth we have. All children of our HF have a natural desire to seek for truth, and it's our responsibility to share it with them. As they hear truth, the spirit will testify to their hearts that it is true. Keep up the great work sharing the gospel! I know you all have awesome experience every day where you share the gospel, whether with words or not (hopefully with words though ;) ). I love you guys tons! You're all the bomb.com. Love ya dad! Have a beast of a week!
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment