Monday, June 16, 2014

Everyday I learn new things. I love my mission!


What's up Mama,
This week, turns out we decided to email first and it is working out good so far. I am glad that you guys had a good week.
 
My week was pretty slow but it's been good anyway. We really weren't able to have many lessons because summer is a pretty busy time for people haha. Elder R and I are doing good though. We are really trying to figure out a way that we will be able to work better with the members. That is the key to missionary work--as serving in Sunnyside taught me. Sometimes it's just kinda difficult to get the members to be more proactive in missionary work. 

I bet Jared had a blast at the ranch. I always wanted to go up there for a camp, but it never worked out when we planned it out. Oh well haha.

So Dad was able to have a good Father's Day? That is awesome. Did he get my card?

That is a super cool story from Elder B.  I bet he was blown away. Does he leave this Wednesday? He's going to be an awesome missionary.

So are you going to buy the shirts and the soap today? I am out of the soap now, so just send it soon haha.
Tell dad thanks for the info :)

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all that you do, even though I say that every week. I still mean it!

I am glad that you are doing good. Thanks for everything you do, like sending me stuff and paying for me to be out here. It truly is a blessing. I KNOW this gospel is the true church of Christ. I KNOW the Book of Mormon is the word of God. The gospel WILL bless our lives if we apply it with real intent of heart. I love my mission!
Love you guys!
-Elder Sedlacek

What's up Dad,
It was good to hear that you were able to have a good Father's Day. That took forever for my card to get there but at least it did. Glad you liked it.

I am settling in well. This week was kinda slow, but I got through it. We are going to start focosing on the members this week, hopefully to get more referrals and assistance from them. I can get myself around Pasco now, not that I will haha. It's different here with lots more LA we are teaching than investigators. Some of the people you guys can pray for are FB, FA, and D for our investigators, and as for LAs  you can pray for the S family, the Ds, and a few others. FB is a super cool guy. D is a guy who we talked to outside his house and we started teaching him. He isn't that open to the ideas of the church, but he's willing to listen which is a start. Just pray for him to have an open heart to the gospel. The LA families I really don't know much about. A lot of them just got out of the habit of coming to church. Those are some people you can pray for right now. 

I left a pair of the gold toe socks back home? Hmm. I didn't know that haha. Mine are holding up great though. They will probably last my whole mission. My problem is my shirts. I will probably have to get them all replaced, but that can wait for now. I'm going to try to make them last the rest of my time out here.

That is exciting that the Spurs were able to win it this year. They are one of the only teams in the NBA that actually play like a team, so it's kinda cool they won.

I bet it would have been super cool to hear the B's and Elder B's farewell talks. I am sure the Bs will be an awesome mission president and his wife, and RB will be a great missionary as well. That is a super cool experience that RB had. Talk about God answering our prayers. That is awesome that he was able to recognize that.

Well dad you are awesome! I am so grateful for your example and your advice on things I can do to be a better missionary. I am always working on ways to improve and so it's great to get some of those ways from ya. You're awesome dad! Thanks for all that you do for me and the rest of the family too. Sorry I didn't have any way cool experiences to share this week with you guys, but everyday I learn new things on my mission. I just wanted you to know that. I love my mission!
Love ya,
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment