Monday, June 23, 2014

The Book of Mormon is true, and Joseph Smith IS a prophet.

 
What's up Mama,
This week was pretty good. It started out pretty dang slow, but the past couple days have been pretty good. We are going around to different members of the ward and teaching them a new idea on the members' role in missionary work. We used this idea in Sunnyside and it worked there, so it should work here. It's going to be awesome to see the change that happens in this ward!

Speaking of the weather, it's been hot, hot, hot. That's Tri-cities for you. Basically not a cloud in the sky so it's always blue sky but it's still pretty hot. I am doing okay in the heat. I really like the shirts you sent, but holy crap. $50??? Those were expensive Mama. {Mama's note: two shirts plus tax & shipping, just under $50. Not THAT bad. :) } I literally laughed when I opened the package of the soap. It probably will last the rest of my mission. Not even kidding haha. It's good soap, though, so thank you very much for the shirts and soap. You're da greatest.

In the package for 4th of July just send some snacks. I am almost out of money on my mission card, and I will have to buy stuff for a week and a half because next week p-day is on Wednesday. We are going to the temple that day. I'm going to a sealing for a RC in Sunnyside who we worked with a lot, and that will be this Saturday. It will be awesome to see what a sealing is like. I'm excited for it.

Sorry Mama that you are sick! I hope you get better soon. Those dang summer colds suck. They are the worst.

So Nicole got some bling bling, aye?! That's exciting. I haven't looked at her email yet if I even have one. I will look soon though so I can find out what happened.

I like your thought on the scriptures. It is amazing that you can read it millions of times and still learn. I have read the Book of Mormon three times on my mission so far, and it's amazing each time. I learn new things. The scriptures are amazing.

That's funny that there's a Tri-cities elder down there again. It really is like they do a swap with Washington and Utah.

Time is flying by and it's crazy. I still can't believe it. Next year this time it will be almost done. I want to keep learning as much as I can every day so it helps me for the rest of my life. Missions are amazing! I am glad that you had a great week too. You're awesome mama!

What's up Dad,
This week was pretty dang good. It started out really slow, but it ended pretty good. We dropped all of our investigators, except for ____ and _____ because they weren't progressing. They both are doing really good though. We had a sit down lesson with _____ and invited him to be baptized. He said he would if he got an answer that is was what he needs to do. That was a miracle since we haven't had a real sit down lesson with him before. FB was feeling sick this week so we weren't able to teach him. 
 
Yesterday was a really good day. We found a new investigator! His name is S and he lives in the apartments in our area. He just graduated from college and he had Mormon friends all through out school, so he was interested in learning more. He told us in the beginning of the lesson yesterday that he wasn't really interested in converting, but he is interested in us answering his questions. We will see what happens as time goes by. It was cool because during the lesson I got a prompting to show him "Testimony of the Book of Mormon" video by Elder Holland and he really liked it. He said that the leaders in his church don't seem to have the conviction that the leaders in the LDS church do. That was awesome to hear and I know he felt the Spirit. It was a super good lesson. Those are the people we are teaching at the moment investigator-wise. We are going around to members of the ward and teaching them how to fulfill their purpose as member missionaries. It is going well and I think it's going to really help the ward. That is one thing President Ware told me straight to my face at transfers--I need to take the member lesson we used in Sunnyside and use it in Pasco, so I have been doing that. I think the ward is really going to get excited about missionary work here soon. 

Sounds like girls camp was really fun for you and the girls.

Lately for P-days we have been just hanging out at the local stake center and playing games as a zone. I haven't really been able to see anyone I know. This mission is HUGE and we just got approved to go up to 270 missionaries. That is going to be insane. I hope to be able to serve around some of the Elders who were super fun. I get to meet new people though, and there are some cool missionaries in this zone. Our zone is pretty cool and our district is just crazy haha. We have fun though. Elder J is in our district so that's kinda fun. He's still pretty goofy haha.

Well, I did have a great week and it sounds like you did too. Good luck with the work week and all that. You're awesome dad! I love my mission and all that I learn every day. Missions truly are the greatest thing. I love the gospel. I know the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith IS a prophet. Keep up the good work at home! Love you!!!
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment