Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I'm happy that I have six more months to do this.


What's up Mama,
This week was a "super" week haha. The Super Bowl surprisingly didn't affect us much. It was weird because last year, when the Seahawks won, it got instantly loud across the whole city. This year I knew something was up, and they had lost haha. All the Seahawk bandwagoning can now switch to the Patriots.
The member who we ate dinner with yesterday was our ward mission leader, Brother Smith. He has a daughter on a mission, so he figured he would send a pic because he likes it when he gets pics from his daughter's ward members. 
Glad you like my glasses. I like them. It took me a day to get used to them, but now everything is fuzzy without them, so they help a lot. I am used to them now. I really like them. I have some more pics that I will send you in a minute.

Everything is going great here. I love serving in here. We would have a baptism this week, but stake conference is this weekend so they wanted us to push it back a week. That way, C***** doesn't have to wait a week to be confirmed. C***** is doing so awesome! She is so ready/excited to be baptized! I just hope that I will be staying in this area so that I can see the baptism. Transfers are on the 11th and the baptism is on the 14th. You guys should pray that I stay in here, or that I can at least see the baptism! haha Elder R and I get along great. He's great missionary.

Sounds like you had a pretty good week. You now have your living room back then haha. Nice. I bet Dad had fun moving that piano. I have moved so many of those on my mission. Thank goodness for the rule from the First Presidency that the missionaries can't help with moves anymore.
************

Well, for whatever reason it didn't work to email this week. Hopefully you got my emails....

I hope you guys have a great week! You are awesome. You might want to check how much money is on my card. If you could do that for me today that would be great! I'm happy to be serving a mission right now. You guys are awesome for supporting me in my decision. Love you guys! Talk to you next week
P.S. Tell everyone hi for me.
-Elder Jake Sedlacek

Whatz up Dadio,

This week was great! We had lots of good stuff happen. We are definitely being blessed right now, I know that for sure. We had a great lesson yesterday with C***** after the Super Bowl. She is so ready/excited to be baptized. Sister N, who is the fellowshipper for her, told us at church just how excited C***** is to be baptized. She has been walking around the house just singing "two weeks left!"  That made me SO happy to see the level of joy that has come to her because she wants to covenant with her Heavenly Father. It really made me think just how important it is that we do make covenants and re-new them each week at church. I was so blessed being raised in a home where that was the focus from day one. Thanks mom and dad!

This week M***** had a super tough trial come up, so we weren't able to meet with her. I just wanted to make sure and ask you guys to pray for her, and L***** too. I will explain about him in a little bit. M***** is dealing with family issues that are really stressful. I hope she will get through this junk strong!

L***** has been struggling with the same kind of deal: family issues. His father-in-law is super sick in a hospital, and L***** is really close to him. He has also been slammed with work, so we have struggled to meet with him too. Pray for him to get through this challenge. God doesn't give us anything that we cant handle, so I know both he and M***** can get through their trials.
This week we found a new investigator. You may remember the name L****** who we were teaching a while ago. It was back when I was with Elder Y. We felt like we should stop by her place this week so we did, and turns out she wants to come to church and start reading the Book of Mormon. She has been thinking about it for a long time, but now she wants to do it. We are teaching her and her sister, so it's cool we were able to get back in contact with them.

M*** is still super interested in the church, except she only wants to meet with me and Elder R. Apparently, she thinks no other set of missionaries are as cool as us or something ;) haha.

I just have been thinking about all of our investigators the past little while and how much I do care and love all of them! You really do come to feel joy when you stop thinking about yourself and lose yourself in missionary work. You can't help but love any one you help bring closer to Christ!
I am glad both you and mom liked the pic of me in my glasses. That's good because I like them too. They really do help me see so much better. It took about a day and a half of wearing them for my eyes to adjust,  but I finally did. Without my glasses things are pretty fuzzy, and to think that's how I was seeing all the time before. But yeah, they really help me a lot. That's a good thing to hear that Nicole thinks I'm going to pick up chicks with them :) hahahaha. I like the "Dad" joke haha. We will just have to "see" what happens at your eye appointment.

Of course, I did hear about the Super Bowl. It was almost as if I had been watching it and found out right then. People are huge fans of the Seahawks up here (no brainer), so it was not long haha.
That's rough you had to load the piano all by yourself at home with Nate. Good thing he was home! I bet that would have been a chore without the truck. That truck seems like a steal. You should have gotten one a long time ago haha. I am sure you wanted to way back when though. In fact, I know you did.

I am so happy to be serving a mission. It has been so awesome serving these past 18 months. I am just happy that I have six more months to do this. It really does bring me so much joy. This is the gospel of joy. Of good news. I know it's true! I know that with every part of me. God loves us and wants to bless us. I have seen that over and over again. The gospel will change us if we apply it! It's changed me for the better, that's for sure. Well, I love you guys tons! Thanks for all that you do for me.
You da bomb dad!
-Elder Jake Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment