Wednesday, May 13, 2015

"It's been wonderful to see myself change into what God wants me to be"



Hey Mama,
Skype yesterday was fun. Sounds like you have had a good week. I would have loved to be in all that rain. That is one thing I miss is thunderstorms--like legit thunder storms. The kind that wake you up in the middle of the night with a huge "Boom!" thunderstorms. We just don't have those in Warshington or Oregon. Good thing I come back in the summer, just in time for all the thunder storms.

It was fun yesterday to get to know Jeff a lot more. I feel like I know him more as a bro now, instead of a guy my sister married. Sorry if you guys felt left out with me just talking to Jeff. I realized that after I hung up. At least I got to wish you a happy Mother's Day. That's what I really wanted to do. I would have been okay if that's all I got to do. You're the best Mama.

Elder Bowen is hilarious. We have a lot of fun and it's awesome to have a comp that we both know how to get things done and we are working hard. It's just a huge relief. We are going to have some awesome stuff happen while we are together--like two baptisms on Saturday! I am super excited for them. They are going to be sweet. We are just going to have to work on getting more of the ward to support it.

I really like the soap. It smells good and it cleans great. It really helps. Good thinking on getting it.

Oh man. Mr King {his junior high band teacher}. He's awesome! You will have to tell him I said hi. He's great. He's really talented at what he does.


You've had 2-3 inches of rain????? That's insane. I would bet things are green. They have every right to be haha.

Mama: Oh no, I didn't feel left out with you talking to Jeff at all! I am really happy that you feel like you know him better. That's important to me.

I'm happy you like Elder Bowen. Sounds like it is going to be a great week for you. 

Elder Sed: Oh good haha. Jeff seems like a nice guy. It will be fun to get to know him even more after the mish.

Mama: He is great. You'll have lots of time in Logan with both of them and it'll be great!

Are your baptisms on Saturday? 

Elder Sed: He is funny. It will be fun if they get to move in across the street from me. We will have to have parties and group dates--that way Jeff and Nicole can give me secret tips haha.
Yep, my baptisms are on Saturday. May 16th.

Mama: So what was the hardest part of your week, and what was the greatest? Also, how often are the members feeding you?

Elder Sed: The hardest part of my week? I don't know haha. It was a pretty easy week. Things just went well. The hardest part coming up will be finding new investigators to replace the two that are getting baptized. The greatest? It's always fun to see people prepared to be baptized. M*** and L***** are awesome.
The members feed us fairly often. It's not every night but we get fed enough.

Mama: Well I'm glad you get fed enough. :) do you need anything?

Elder Sed: I am doing good. I really don't need anything right now. 
Yep I get fed good. You don't have to worry about that.
I have to get going Mama. You're the best. I'm glad you had a great Mother's day. You really are awesome! Thanks for all that you do for me. Love ya tons! 
Have a great week!


What's up Dad,
This week was great. It was fun to talk to you guys on Skype yesterday. That's always really fun to do for me, and you guys, too haha. Technology is sure a blessing. Imagine what it would have been like on your mission if you could email, and Skype two times a year. It would have been really different for you I am sure. I'm glad I was able to make Mom's day. I am sure she was excited haha.
 
This week was great. We had some good stuff happen, besides it being transfer week, which is really slow at the beginning. We did find two new investigators. Their names are Br***** and J*****. They are teens that were a referral from the Spanish elders. They are pretty interested, but the only thing is that their parents aren't really that happy with them being baptized. I really hope that will change. Apparently it's been a problem with missionaries coming in the past. The girls know the church is true, but their parents won't let them be baptized.

M*** and L***** are doing amazing--both of them. L is, despite some family grief about her joining the church. She's really awesome. It would be really tough to be in that situation. You know its true, but your family isn't happy with you changing. She is really excited to be baptized though.

M*** is sooooooooooooooo excited to be married in the temple haha. It's sooooooooo awesome. It's what he mainly talked about during his baptism interview with the Zone Leaders. He's super solid. He loves coming to church, learning more. Everything about the gospel, he loves. It's awesome. He was definitely a prepared find for us. The Lord led us to him. I know that for sure. He even knows it as well.

Besides all that with M and L and finding the two sisters, it was pretty much the extent of our week. Transfers really takes up a lot of time between packing and saying good bye to members/ investigators. I really wish it didn't take up so much time, but oh well. This week will be awesome. We are going to really be working hard to find those who are prepared like M was. I know there are lots more people just like him who are searching for the gospel. Me and Elder Bowen are really going to work well together. It's awesome! It's going to be going out of my mission with a bang! Working hard right until the very end.

Elder Bowen says thanks for the NBA update haha. He thought that was awesome. You have always been really good at getting me up to date on the sports news. I appreciate it haha.

That is so awesome Dad that you've been finding Sedlaceks and doing the family history work. I really would like to do that when I get back. I think that would just be so cool to be able to help out our ancestors like that. I bet they are soo happy that you're helping them out. Seems like you have caught the vision of family history work. That's sweet. You're going to have to show me the tricks when I get home. I won't know how to use anything haha. That is going to be weird for me haha. 

Well it sounds like everything back home is doing great. It's good to hear. It is always nice to find out that you guys are doing good. You guys are sure one awesome family. I am so blessed to have the support that I do on my mission. Without you all it would have been much harder. I know the gospel is so true. I know that God loves us. He wants us to make covenants with Him so he can bless our lives even more. I know the Book of Mormon is the work of God. It's a testimony that Christ is the Savior of all mankind. I know the Savior is with me every step of the way through life. It's amazing to have that knowledge because we can know we are never, ever, ever completely alone. Christ has walked the road before us and He walks with us as well. By living His gospel that he has planned for us is how we can experience the most joy in this life. It's a time in this life to prepare for the life ahead. I love the gospel. I love the plan God has for us. I love serving the Lord! I love my mission! It's been wonderful to see myself change into what God wants me to be. It's been fun too,  and it still is every day. Love you guys!

Thanks for all that you do Dad! You're amazing!
Have a great week!
-Elder Jake Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment