Tuesday, May 26, 2015

We can choose to be humble in this life, or we will be humbled. It's as simple as that.

What's up Mama,
Wow! Sounds like you guys had quite the week hahaha. The weather has been crazy there it sounds like. Here it's been awesome. Couldn't be better, honestly. It rains occasionally, which is awesome. I love the rain and while I was in Tri-cities I didn't see any, so it's a good change. That is a major bummer about the fruit trees. I was kinda looking forward to that hahaha. Guess not now!

Did the hail cause any problems like broken glass? for anyone? It sounds like it was falling crazy fast. That is a ton of hail on the porch in that picture you sent.

You will get to play on a Steinway??? That is exciting. I bet it is going to make you a little jealous haha. Those are REALLY nice pianos. I have heard lots of good about them on my mission.

It's no fun that you guys didn't get to go camping because of the weather. Were the kids upset? I bet you had fun anyway. Besides, they are almost out of school so they should just be happy just because of that. :)

Guess what happened to me this week?

(It's nothing bad. I promise haha. Just wanted to make sure you didn't freak out or anything.)
BTW, I bought some new p-day shoes today.

Mama: What happened to you??

Elder Sed: I had to give my departing testimony at zone conference :( 

Mama: Your departing testimony? Already? That must have been strange for you!

Elder Sed: Yep, my departing testimony. It was my last zone conference so now I am a "dead" missionary haha. It was crazy though. My whole mission, giving my departing testimony has seemed so far away, then suddenly I was the one up there giving my testimony. Time flies! When I stood up in the front looking at all the missionaries, I just couldn't help but think "What am I doing?? I still have about a year!" hahaha. It's like in my mind I still think I have about a year left, but it was just a realization moment for me. It was crazy hahaha.

Mama: I bet you did well on your testimony, but I bet it was sad for you too.

Elder Sed: I really did feel like it went really well. Pres Ware teared up a little bit during mine. I just love him. He is awesome! I really did feel God's approval for what I have done on my mission. I felt that without a doubt. So it was sad, but it was good too.

Mama: I'm 100% sure you have His approval. You have done amazing! Well, how are you doing? Do you need anything?

Elder Sed: I am doing good, besides that my suits don't fit haha. I need a size 42 now. 
Well, I'm going to get going. Thanks for emiling me today. I hope you guys have an awesome rest of your Memorial day. Tell everyone I said hi. I love you guys! Talk to you next week!
You're awesome Mama!
love
-Elder Sedlacek


What's up Dad,
Sounds like the craziest week yet for weather in Bountiful. Man, the weather is confused hahah. It's been awesome here though. 70s every single day, with a few little rain showers here and there. It's perfect. Sounds like you guys need to move to Warshington haha. JK. Don't do that. I still want my Utes room.

This week was really, really interesting. We had zone conference up in Kennewick last Friday, which is usually our weekly planning day (it takes all day, so that had to be moved) so basically two days of our week were shot for getting out and working, but it ended up being really good. I really enjoyed zone conference. Pres. Ware is the bomb. He is definitely one of the men I look up to in my life. He's awesome. He talked a lot about humility this time around. It was really good. He had some great thoughts about humility and the atonement. One of my fave qoutes from him was, "Without humility, we would never be able to access the power of the atonement". It's so true. We really do need to be humble enough to change and repent in order to have the atonement actually help us. We can also choose to be humble in this life, or we will be humbled. It's as simple as that.

As far as our investigators go, the week went pretty well. We weren't able to meet with the two new families this week, but I hope that it will work out for this week. They both really seem interested too, which is awesome. It's just scheduling that is the hard part. Families are busy haha. 

We did find some new investigators this week! One of them is a YSA guy named R. He is on date for the 13th of June. We found him by looking through the area book and decided to go stop by, and he is in a really prepared state right now. It's awesome! He is really excited to change and be baptized by the restored authority! We also met with B. I mentioned her a couple weeks back so you should at least remember or can look back to find out more about her. She is awesome. It was honestly the first time something like what happened to her has happened to one of my investigators. So Sweet! Here is what happened: a couple weeks ago we stopped by and had a restoration lesson with her. She got really emotional when we talked about baptism, and said she was going to pray to find out what she should do. So that night she prayed, and then she went to sleep. In the middle of the night she woke  up after a dream and she knew it was true because of the dream. God answered her prayer through a dream. How cool is that?!?!?! I thought it was awesome. It's amazing how the spirit works with different people and at different times.

We are still meeting with R****. He is doing okay. He just won't pray, so we are thinking about dropping him. He needs to have the courage to pray. It's the hardest thing for him to do, which I understand, but it's really going to be praying that will help him get his answer. He needs to do it for himself. It's frustrating sometimes haha.

That was pretty much the extent of our week this week. It was interesting with all the meetings, but it was good. I learned a lot so I guess that's the major point. The spirit was super strong too, so that was nice as well.

Elder Bowen and I are really focusing on finding this week. It was kind of a struggle last week but we are going to keep trying. I know they are out there. We just got to find them.

Hey, that's good news on the hunts. We finally got something haha. How many years was it that you guys didn't? I think both the years I have been gone you guys didn't even get a tag, unless I am wrong. Hopefully they work out and we can get something. School will be interesting haha. Hopefully it works out with school. 

Time is flying by for you I am sure. Three of your kids are going to be graduated from high school and one from college haha. That is crazy that Jared is pretty much done. It is crazy too that my mission is almost over. That is crazy for me, and you I'm sure. I bet it doesn't feel like very long ago you were doing the same thing I am doing. 

It's been a real struggle keeping up with all my buds. It's tough because time is limited when we can contact each other. I know that Jordan, Joey, Josh, and Hunter are all doing awesome! Jordan gets home the first week in July. That will be crazy. You guys have to go to his homecoming and let me know how it goes. Gary is just about to leave on his mission. One of my friends, Andrew,  just left on his mission a couple months ago to Cali. He's doing good too. It's tough keeping track of them all but it's good to hear from them every once in a while.

Well Pop, you're awesome! Love ya Dad. I know this church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is the tool God has blessed us with. I know that the authority of God is on the earth. I know Christ is my Savior. He died for me and all of God's children individually. He loves us all and still lives even today to guide us in this life. I know God loves all his children. He especially loves his children Washington/Oregon because I feel that love everyday. I love to serve the Lord. It's so awesome! I love literally every day! Thanks for all that you do to support me in my decision to serve.
Have a great week!
-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment