Wednesday, July 8, 2015

You always tell me that I have been a good example, but you all have been the same for me.

What's up Mama!
The week was great here in Washington/Oregon! F's baptism was amazing! I would send some pics but today I left my camera in Milton-Freewater, and we are in Walla Walla emailing, so you're going to have to wait to see them. Elder Bowen and I had lots of fun taking epic pictures on July 4th since we had to be inside at 6:00 pm. We had a good time though. I spent pretty much the whole day doing baptism interviews in Pendleton, so I took some pics there since it could be my last time being there while on my mission.
 
That's crazy that Jordan is already home!!!! That boy needs to email me right this second!!!!!! haha
You're going to have to go see him speak, and Chaz too. Let them know I say hi!
 
It's only been like barely 100 degrees there in Utah? I bet that's nice haha. Yeah, it has been way hot here, but I kinda like it. It's not too bad at all. I acclimated to it last year, walking in it every single second of the day while it was SUPER hot in Pasco. It's even been a bit humid here for the past couple weeks. I don't  mind the humidity either.
 
I bet the 4th of July was fun with all of the family. That's a way cool story about grandpa Sed. Thanks for sharing it.

Inside Out? I haven't heard much about it. I did see it advertised on the sign by the drive-in theater in Milton, so I knew of the name. It's good huh? I will be excited to see it. You know what else I just saw today at Walmart that comes out soon? The Minions movie. That is going to have to be one of the first I see when I get back. 
 
So the stake is going to change the order of our meetings huh? It's been sacrament meeting first in all of the areas on my mission, so it will be weird to go back to something different. I like it first a lot more.
 
Hey, when I get home will you guys plan my first two days home to keep me busy?? That would be a huge help for me. Whatever happens those first two days, just plan it out for me. I don't care what we do, just keep me busy haha. That will be the biggest help ever.
 
Well, I have to go now Mama. Email was fun today. Make sure to let Jordan know I said to send me an email or I'm gonna come hunt him down. 
Thanks for emailing me. You guys are seriously THE best family ever! I love you guys!
Let me know when you figure stuff out about my homecoming talk topic.

What's up Dad!
This week was pretty great. F's baptism went great! He had a great time and a super spiritual experience too. It was awesome when he got confirmed. He said how he felt an energy come from our hands and onto his head and down his whole body. It's the power and gift of the Holy Ghost. It's awesome because I get to feel that feeling every single time someone is confirmed. It's unlike anything else. I love the gospel and I know the priesthood is on the earth. It has seriously been one of the greatest joys of my mission. Seeing people make covenants and seeing and feeling the power that is manifest when those ordinances are performed.
 
As far as the rest of our investigators go, they are doing pretty well. J***** is still on date for the 25th of July. That will be going out with a bang haha. Just what I would have wanted. We are working on finding all those who are prepared in the coming weeks. It's been a struggle in the ward. We have pretty much nothing going on there, it's all been in the YSA branch, which is amazing. It's been a long time since it's been as good as it's been in just the time I have been here. I know it's because we are working hard and being blessed by Heavenly Father.
 
We had a great week here, and it went by soooo fast. That is not good at all haha. I just can't believe how fast this last transfer has gone and keeps going by. I was expecting it to be super slow, but I guess not haha. The 4th was fun. We were in Pendleton almost all day, and then we had to go in at 6pm. We had a fun time inside though. I got some super awesome pics. You guys are going to love them hahahaha.

The heat hasn't been too bad actually. I seem to be used to it. It really doesn't bother me much at all, even when it was 111. Thankfully we have an a/c unit that works pretty dang good once we got it cleaned out. Sounds like it's been warm in Utah too, but that doesn't surprise me. I'm just surprised it's been cooler in Utah than here.
 
When are you going to seal the chimney? I bet it looks fine!

That is an awesome story about helping 'the one' at work. That's way cool. I bet it's awesome being able to have experiences like that in the work place.
 
I did hear about Elder Packer's passing. It seemed like almost instantly too. Word got out really fast. It is too bad that he's gone, but boy was he a trooper. He's lasted along time with health problems.

Well thanks for all that you do for me family and Dad! You're all amazing examples to me. You always tell me that I have been a good example but you all have been the same for me. I love you guys!
I know this church is true! I love to serve the Lord Jesus Christ!
-Elder Jake Sedlacek
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment