Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Mission brain"

"Ask the missionaries. They can help!"
What's up Mama,
My week was pretty good. It felt like a long time between last Tuesday and now. We moved to our new apartment (that is super nice) on Saturday. The new address of our apartment is _____.

The apartment is so nice inside. We have a dishwasher that I figured out how to start for like the first time in my life haha. I don't ever remember starting one in my life but maybe I did. Anyways, I know how to now hahahaha--as sad as that is to say hahaha. My birthday was fun, too. I got some gifts from Grandpa and Grandma D, and Ann & Jim, so make sure to tell them thanks for me. We ate all my cake and it was super good. It was a good birthday.

I bet the cabin was really fun. I love the fall colors, but up here the leaves aren't really changing yet. Maybe it's just a different climate. There just aren't many trees either, so maybe they would be more noticeable if there were more. 

I bet Mia is having fun in the play. Sounds like you guys are going to be VERY busy this holiday season haha. I bet you're going to have so much fun going from this to that, and then everywhere else.

I wish I could have seen the temple dedication. We will have to go to that temple when I get home. It looked really pretty. Did they do the dedication for church like they did for the past couple dedications?

Mom: So it seemed like a long week, huh? That’s funny. When we got back home last night, everyone said it felt like we’d been gone a long time haha.
I’m glad you are all moved! Sounds like a nice place. You’ll have to take some pics. I will send your SD cards back to you asap so you can do that.
Well, I’m glad you REMEMBERED how to start a dishwasher, because I’m pretty sure I had you do it at least once haha.
Yes, the dedication took the place of church, so that was nice. It really was a great meeting. All of us kept saying how awesome it was. 

Elder Sed: I did take lots of pics of the apartment, so when you send the SD cards back I will send one to you.
Did you get the letter I sent with the Ross card in it?
I bet you did show me how to start a dishwasher, but it's been 14 months without doing it so I was out of touch okay haha. Mission brain.

Mom: Okay, good boy on the pics haha.
Yes, I checked the mail this morning, realizing that Saturday’s mail was still in it, and your letter was there! That was great to get one after all this time! 

Elder Sed: Yes I try to be a good boy and take pics so grandma Sed won't kill me hahaha!
That's good you got the letter. I am just really, really bad at sitting down and writing an actual letter.
I am glad that you guys are doing well. Thanks for all that you do for me. I love all you guys! Missions are the bomb. Just wanted you to know that hahaha. Have a great week!
Love ya,
-Elder Sedlacek


What's up Dad,
I am doing good, and it sounds like you guys are too. I bet it was
super fun to go see all those deer and bears. It's been along time
since I have seen anything other than a bird or a white tail deer
haha. oh and ducks and geese. I see those all the time with the
river close by.
My week was pretty good. We moved this week, and with the temple
earlier in the week it was pretty busy. We did get lots of
tracting in, which was fun because that is where all  the stories come from.
Needless to say, there are still some crazy people in the world. hahaha. 
One of which was a lady who was staring out her window at us
and when we came up to her door she came outside and started talking
to us. She was really awkward and would pause for like 40-50 seconds
right in the middle of when she was talking, and then tell us exactly what
Jesus said to her, to tell us. She told us we are saved and we're going
to heaven so we don't even have to try anymore haha. That was
interesting to hear. She also talked about the devil watching
her through the red blinking light on her smoke detector. It was just
a very, very interesting conversation haha. I am sure you had some of
those on your mission.
As far as our investigators go, we were able to meet with _______
this week. It was going really well, till a bunch of teens
from their church showed up and ruined the whole lesson. It ended up
with _____ very closed-minded and not willing to listen to
anything we said. We just told him we would come back later and talk
to him. It was frustrating, because the lesson had been going so well. He had
some really good thoughts and questions, and then the kids had to show
up and ruin it. Oh well. I know he felt the Spirit of the Plan of
Salvation. He really likes it.

Our other investigators haven't been home, but we have given lots of
lessons on people's porches, which has been nice. We are just still
working on finding new "golden" investigators. We may have found one
this week, too. His name is B and he told us when we knocked on his
door that he and his wife have been thinking about coming to our
church. We left him with a Family proclamation that he was going to
study with his wife. We are going to go back and see if we can start
teaching them this week. Wish us luck with them, and pray for them too. 

The pic you got was me and Elder C tearing up a wood floor with our
ward mission leader, Ryan M. It was fun. You are right that
there are so many ways to serve on a mission. It was really fun too
haha.

That is sooooooooooooooooooo awesome that the Utes beat Michigan the
way they did at Michigan hahahaha. Now they just need to keep up the
wins. That is good that BYU won too. I have heard they are really good
this year. That is good for them.

Good luck with your lesson in Sunday School. Study up haha
Thanks for all that you do for me Dad. You're awesome. I love you all!
I am so grateful for the chance I have to serve a mission. It has been
so awesome. Because of my mission, I have really developed a love for
the gospel that I did not have before in my opinion. When
we focus on our Savior Jesus Christ, our lives will change. The Book
of Mormon is the word of God!
Talk to you next week! Have a GREAT week!
-Elder Jake Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment