Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tracting is an act of faith.

What's up Mama,
This week for p-day was really fun. It's the reason I am so late emailing too haha. We went golfing with the family we live with and it was super fun. First time in a long time I did that haha. I wouldn't say I did so good though.
I am glad that you are happy to email me haha. Emailing is fun for me at least.
 
This week was pretty good. We did a lot of tracting, which I am not very fond of in this area, but it's an act of faith to show the Lord I am willing to go out and do something that is difficult. We found a couple good potentials out of it too. We weren't able to meet with G this week but he did come to the Pasco stake day of service and stayed the whole time. I was hoping he was going to come church but he didn't end up coming. The family from Ukraine were out of town or something because every time we tried by, their house was completely dark. I had a dream about them that they got baptized and that was AWESOME! I really hope it's a sign of things to come. The LA family is doing pretty good. They had a bishop from up in Seattle come and give the baby a blessing and guess what? The priesthood is the power of God. The baby went from having almost no brain activity to improving. He will have mental disabilities his whole life, but he is projected to be okay. How awesome is that! I was praying so hard for that.
 
The weather is great up here! It's been hot the past couple days but it hasn't been too bad. Beautiful golf weather haha
Thanks for sending the updates on Nicole. I got both of them and it was good to hear. I am glad the surgery went well. Now she just has to get through recovery.
 
Happy Anniversary, and Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!! I sent you a birthday card with my SD card in it that should get there one of these days. Keep track of that SD card haha. That is cool that you had some Sedlacek names to do in the temple. You should send me some names for 4 temple trips, so 4 names if you come across any of them and I can do the endowments. That would be pretty cool. 
 
For our move we are going to be moving either the 20th or 22nd into an apartment. I don't really know much more than that right now. We are moving because this family has been housing missionaries for 2 years now and it's only a 1 1/2 year agreement, and they need our room for some storage.
 
That is so cool that we have more missionaries from our ward going out now. How many total is that now that are out? 
 
Thanks for emailing me this week. It was good to hear from you guys and I'm glad that you are all doing well. I have loved the chance thus far I have had to serve a mission. Missions are the greatest.
I hope you guys have an awesome week! Thanks for all that you do for me! Love you guys tons!!
Have a totally awesome week.
-Elder Jake Sedlacek
 
What's up Dad,
I had a pretty good week. I gave most of the updates on the people we
have been working with in the email to mom. I am sure you will get to
hear about them. We haven't been able to find any new
investigators yet but boy are we working on that. Finding is pretty
much all we did this week. Not my favorite part of missionary work but
it's all part of the work. I would much rather be teaching lessons
though haha. The members are pretty much the same, although this week
we are starting to go around and follow up on the individual families'
ward mission plan goals. That should be interesting.
Good job on the work stuff papa, You da best at what you do. I am sure
the church is happy they hired ya.
That is really cool all the Jonah to Christ comparisons. I have never
realized that before, but it makes total sense now. I am pretty sure
that is what the gospel doctrine class covered here too but we are in
gospel principles which is still good. It's just a lot of the same stuff
for us. Nothing better than the basics though.
I am glad that Jared is going to mission prep every week better than I
did. Tell him believe it or not I still use some of those things that
I learned in that class. It is a life saver haha. I am proud of him
for going though. I would not be expecting anything less from Jared
with all the mods he does or tearing stuff apart. The new job just
adds to the fun haha.
I am glad like I said before that Nicole's surgery went well. That
is good that Jeff is a good help to her. 
That is super cool that Mia and Libby are wanting to get into hunting.
I will have to take Libby fishing lots when I get home.
My kinda sista. Wish good luck to Mia for me on her audition. Hope
everything goes well with all that.
I am so happy that I get to attend the temple on my birthday, while on
my mission. That is going to be super cool! If it would be possible to
get one family name in my birthday package that I can take to do for
an endowment that would be awesome, but I really have no clue if there
is any. You will just have to let me know. I am looking forward to
getting more into family  history after my mission like it says in my
blessing. It seems to me from my blessing that its super important
that I do some haha.
Wish mom a happy birthday for me even though I sent a card in the mail.
That is crazy that the leaves are already changing. They aren't here at
least from what I have seen, but then again there aren't much trees. I
love the fall too. The mornings here are definately more cooled off
then they have been in a long time. It's almost cold now right when we
get up. Kinda weird haha. Hopefully the winter isn't too bad up here.
Well speaking that golfing was my p-day activity, I am done basically
except for emailing now haha. We are going to have to go golfing when
I get back. I think I figured out a good swing technique and did
pretty well on the last 3 holes. Overall though I didn't do so good. I
won't even tell you the score haha.
Thanks so much for being the best dad and family ever! I love you guys
so much. Serving a mission is something every member of the church
should do at least once in their life. I do have a testimony of the
priesthood and the atonement. This week in sacrament when I was
thinking and pondering while it was being said, I said a silent prayer
in my head to feel of the healing power of the atonement and I 
immediately felt the best peace come over me. It was great! I am so
grateful for the savior and his sacrifice for sin. Because of
Him!!!!!!!
Have an awesome week fam and dad!
love ya tons!
-Elder Jake Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment