Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Missions are not easy, but it is the best experience that I have ever had.


hey Dad! so this was a good week. On Memorial day yesterday, we had a finding day with the whole Zone. Each zone in the mission had to meet up in some park and just find people to teach. Sadly, our zone was only able to find three people. The other zones creamed us! haha We have some of the richest areas so it is harder to find people here. It was a good day though. 

After we left the finding activity, we found a new couple to teach, so that was really cool. M and her kids are doing well. They finally came to our block of church instead of the 9 am block. ours is at 1 o'clock, and she made a lot of new friends so that was really great. We plan on giving her a date to work towards this Thursday when we meet with her again. Miss J is doing well, we might be able to get President Porter to come out with us on Wednesday. He doesn't know if he can yet or not. H is doing well, he finished the school year so he is with his grandma up in Indiana right now, but hopefully he will get back soon. That is all the news on our solid investigators for right now. I am trying so hard to build up our teaching pool, but it is kinda tough. We 225 a lot and contact a lot of former investigators each day, but not many people are interested. I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong or what? It is frustrating. haha 

That is cool you and Jake took the kayaks out. Now I really have to get one eventually. I am glad you got to spend some time with Brigham, that must have been fun to be in the mountains with your grandson. I am happy you got to get a new phone, I know how you feel with replacing my pump, this new one works so much better! hahaha 

I bet the Indy 500 was a super fun race to watch. I like that thought on adversity. That is so true, we can't just have all our burdens taken away, we can have them made light, but Heavenly Father won't take them away, because he simply loves us too much to do that. Burdens are for our good, they give us the traction we need to make it up the hill towards the Savior. With no load or discomfort, it diminishes the purpose of this life. We must experience a small part of what the Savior experienced in order to become like Him--exaltation is not a cheap experience. 

Thanks for all you do for me Dad, it means so much to be able to follow your example as I follow the Savior. Missions are not easy, but it is the best experience that I have ever had. I feel the spirit so much more in my life, and I now know the relationship that I have with my Heavenly Father, and what all his other children can have as well. I love you Dad, have a great day and week. Have fun with that kayak. Talk to you later!


-Elder Sedlacek


hey Mom! so this was a good week. I wrote to Dad about the investigators and what we did yesterday, you will have to read his email. It was a good week, and it was hot so my laundry bag was quite heavy from sweat this morning. hahaha The humidity continues to get worse (haha) so now it is so sticky outside all the time. I got my strips, thanks so much! And I am doing good on supplies right now, I shouldn't need any for a few weeks. 

Elder B and I get along really great, we joke around a lot. He is feeling kinda trunky right now, so I have to push him some days, but he is a good guy. The most challenging thing this week was when we were riding up to a baptism interview and we almost got killed and popped Elder B's tire on some glass, so we were late to it. It just goes to show how much Satan will do to stop the work. hahaha Don't worry mom, this area is not too dangerous with bikes. hahaha Just kidding, I stay safe. haahaha 

So Nicole is doing well then? That is good. Yep Dad told me about his phone, that is good you got it upgraded. Oh, that is not fun with your knee. Hopefully you can get it figured out when you will be able to replace it and recover well. I am glad you are not in a huge amount of pain then, that is good. You must tolerate a lot! hahaha It must have been fun to have a picnic, I bet Brigham is going to love the mountains. 

It must have been a good lesson from Bishop, that is the Doctrine of Christ he was teaching, that is something that this mission really emphasizes. Without faith, repentance, baptism, the holy ghost, and enduring to the end, you cannot become like Christ. You must apply faith to your life. The sacrament
is a huge deal to me. All those young boys passing and blessing the sacrament are literally standing in the place of Christ. They hold the holy priesthood of God and that entitles them to the ministering of angels and the ability to do things in place of Christ. They will hold the higher priesthood that allows them to heal and bless, it allows us to do what He would do and say. The sacrament and the priesthood make it all possible. Without those two things, this would just be a church that you could find anywhere else. 

I am glad you enjoyed the pics from zone conference. We used to be allowed to look at them, but now they changed the rules so we can't anymore, so i can't see them. I hope I looked good hahahaha. How are you today?

Mom: Hi! I am great today! 
How did you almost get killed? 
I love what you said about the sacrament.

Elder Sed: That is good! There was a car that whizzed past really close to us, so it wasn't really that scary. People play chicken with us all the time, but they would never do it for real. One guy was flipping me off and yelling at me. hahaha 

I am glad you liked what I said. President Porter has helped to teach me all that I know about it. The priesthood stuff comes from studying the Doctrine & Covenants. It is an awesome book, I suggest to study section 84, it is so cool. It has taken me a few days to pull it all apart. hahaha

Guess what? People are telling me that I look like I am 16 on a regular basis now, hahaha! so that is good. Then I tell them I am 19 (close) and they are shocked! hahahaha

For my birthday, I would love a small Ohio flag if you can find one. 

Mom: So, you have graduated from looking like a deacon! That is good! :) I’ll watch for an Ohio flag, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to find one or not. I’ll be sending your birthday package probably Friday, so you can get it next Monday, just before your birthday. J

Elder Sed: Wow, I did not even realize my birthday is is less than a week! holy cow! Well, thanks Mom for emailing me, I love you guys so much! Keep M in your prayers, I am praying so hard for another baptism and I feel very good about June 11th, so pray for that if you would. We still have to give her the date. Pray for her to get an answer and her heart softened. Thanks for sharing that, I try my best and sometimes it is hard to focus on how that makes me successful alone. I love you guys so much, have a great day! and week! I love you Mom, thanks for all the support you give me! Talk to you later!

-Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment