Friday, August 9, 2013

Elder Sedlacek's 2nd P-day. Only 4 more days in the MTC to go!

This week has been good. I have learned a lot about the gospel and Jesus Christ. Dad had asked if me and my comp are going to the same mission, and if I have seen anyone I know here. Yes, we are going to the same mission with about 38 others who are headed to Kennewick on the same day. I have seen a ton of people that I know here at the MTC. I have seen PJ, and a bunch of other kids who I went to school with. It was cool because when I got to the MTC and went to my residence hall, I saw PJ outside and I was like, "PJAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" It was awesome to see him, and I see him around once in a while. 

The classes are all about the Doctrine of Christ and it blows my mind learning about it. I don't have a culture class because it is the same.

P-day is like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing. It is amazing!! It is so great to be able to relax and do my laundry. I never thought I would say that, but I do like doing laundry. Gym time is also one of my favorite times of the week. It gives my brain time to un-mush and actually be alert again. 

Thank you for the package you guys sent me, and Mama, I will be expecting that Dunkin' Donuts package haha. My whole district would probably like one too--there are six of us. :)

I am sleeping like two hours a night because one of the elders is noisy. I am always tired but I pray for energy and I never seem to be dragging. The elder that is noisy loves to sing and hum while he goes to sleep, and after he is asleep he still hums, whistles and snores. He is pretty talented to be able to do that while he sleeps haha. Oh well though. The ear plugs are a blessing! I gave my whole district the idea to get some, and they love them too. 

The days here at the MTC seem to go by like weeks and the weeks seem to go by like days. We are in class all day and then at 9:30 we have time to get ready for bed. Besides gym time, p-day, and personal time, I really don't have a lot of free time. I am always having to go somewhere every second of the day. It keeps me busy! I haven't even been homesick since I got here. The hardest part for me is the long days, but it's alright because I learn a lot. I love the MTC, but I am anxious to get out into the field and teach real people. 

I am getting kinda tired of role plays and lessons, but I did have a cool experience in one of the role plays. My comp and I were teaching our investigator, Dave, and he wasn't getting why Jesus Christ had to die for him. I shared with him D&C 19:16-19. He read it out loud and the Spirit was so strong. He said he never thought about it that way, and how the Savior had his choice if he wanted to go through with the Atonement. He really helped my testimony of the Savior to grow. We challenged him to get baptized and he accepted. Even though it wasn't a real investigator, it was still a way cool experience. 

I love the MTC and I love being able to serve a mission. Keep writing me because I want to keep up to date on what's going on at home. 

Tell everyone I love them.

Elder Sedlacek

No comments:

Post a Comment