Friday, August 2, 2013

Two days later....

Elder Sedlacek waving goodbye. #seeyouin2
Today we got our first email from Elder Sedlacek, only two days in! As I told you in the previous post, LDS missionaries get to email and/or write their family and friends only on their p-days. We did not have any idea when Jacob's p-day would be, and our best guess was maybe Monday.

We were wrong. Thankfully wrong.

As it turns out, his MTC p-day is Friday, so we were lucky enough to hear from him only two days into his stay there. As a mom, I can tell you that getting that first correspondence is The. Best. Ever.

Here is what he had to say:

Family!!

Being in the MTC is great! I am really liking it but the days are really long. My schedule is literally get up, eat, study, teach and over and over. My companion's name is Elder Moon. He was just made district leader and my senior companion. He has a good testimony and he strengthens mine. He is a great guy.

The MTC is a great experience. I love all you guys and miss you, but I don't think about that. I try to focus on the work. My testimony is being strengthened daily. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for all you do for me. You guys are the best.

Sincerely, 
Elder Sedlacek


No comments:

Post a Comment