Monday, August 19, 2013

It's all good.

Right about 11 am MST, I got my very first Monday email! It was fun to email back and forth, because it's almost like talking to him in person. At least, it's as good as I'm going to get at this point in time. :)

Elder Sed: What's up mama? I can email back and forth for about a half hour if you want.

Mom: I'm so happy to hear from you! Tell me everything! :)

Elder Sed: It will be cool to be up here once college starts. Right now there really isn't a lot of people who want to listen. That has been kinda hard. It's all good though. I do need stuff from home. I really need some snacks since I don't have a big budget. I also would like that spiral bound book on the piano with the doctrine of Christ lesson plans in it, a calendar with cool pics like hunting, something to put flavor in my water because tap water is yucky up here, a leatherman knife, and some stuff for my face because I am getting some acne from all the sweating! I don't know if there is anything else but I would appreciate that stuff. Things are good up here but kinda hard. We have 11 investigators that we are teaching, but it is hard to get hold of them. They always have something else it seems. There is an investigator named Jim who we are teaching that I told you about in a letter, but he is going to quit smoking so he can be baptized. He is the most promising one that I have met here so far. Things will get better once school starts. Keep sending me emails and letters. It is what keeps me going haha--literally. I love you guys.

Mom: We love you too! How are you getting along with Elder Rasmussen?

Elder Sed: I like my trainer but he is the exact opposite of me, but we do get along. I have learned some stuff from him which is good. Thank you for all you do for me. You're an awesome parent, same with Dad.

Mom: You are an awesome son! I met a mom in the mission moms group whose son is Elder Parker. I think he is one of the other Elders in your apartment.

Elder Sed: I do live with Elder Parker. He is pretty funny. We live in an apartment with 4 Elders. It's a fun time. We have dinner provided for us most every night. I miss your cooking, though. Some of these small town women don't know how to cook haha! I do have to buy food for breakfast and lunch but my budget isn't that big so can you send me some snacks? I really need some of those.

Mom: What are you going to do for p-day today? Do you have a car?

Elder Sed: We are going to play basketball for p-day. We are in a car area, but with only one car for two companionships so we walk a TON. I don't get to drive yet which kinda stinks. Elder R is not the best driver. I swear I might get killed sometimes haha. He grew up in the country so he isn't used to driving in a city-ish area. We really don't have much in common, but we get along. It would suck if we didn't! Some of the days up here are a struggle and get pretty hard, so I am thankful for your prayers. It means a lot.

Mom: Well, just look for the things you do have common--the biggest one is you have the same goals--finding people to teach! And you are a good cook, so maybe the women need some lessons in cooking. :)

Elder Sed: I wish I could do more cooking up here, but we are very busy all the time so it's hard to find time to do that. I like to cook good food. :) Food is yummy.

Mom: Two families in the ward gave you money this week. I put it in your fund.

Elder Sed: Sweet! Tell them thanks. Our neighbors are awesome!

Mom: We are so PROUD of you! Keep up the good work. There has been a great feeling of unity and peace in our home as we've been supporting you.

Elder Sed: Keep writing letters and emails. I save all the letters. They are a great support. You guys are awesome I miss you all a lot. You are a huge support system to me. I love all you guys so much.

Mom: We love you tons! Thanks for your example to us. Have a great week!

Elder Sed: Thank you Mama! You have a great week too. Tell everyone I love them, and thanks for all they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment